Are you going to get vaccinated against COVID-19?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
When the vaccine against COVID-19 becomes available, are you going to get vaccinated? đź’‰

Do you think you'll have a choice if you work, or have to go in public? I think the answer will be no to my question and yes to your question. :)

No plans on this end - at least not until there are full testing and determination of effects. It's still too new of a drug to know what the negatives are.

And with that said, I know when I was younger I had the various required vaccines for Polio, Measles, etc. During the early release of the vaccine for Polio, it actually caused more problems than solutions. In one such report, 40,000 children were vaccinated with a bad batch which resulted in more than 200 children actually being paralyzed and a dozen deaths.

As with any drug, there are risks. Heck, even after all these years with Birth Control pills, it's only 91% effective. Does that mean people shouldn't take the pill? Probably not :)

On average it takes 4 years to create a working vaccine, and this has been done in a few months by many different companies.
will wait a while to see any side effects, but in then UK i am one of 46 million and Gov. only ordered 5 million doses

I think it takes a long time, and no one can give an exact time duration, you need to take care of yourself by wearing a mask and use sanitizer

Hate sharing my views on business forums when I represent so lets not go into why.

But a straight answer is no, I ain't no lab rat.

Covid exists, HOWEVER it has been used extremely to make serious changes in the world and additionally we are now being pumped with a minimally tested vaccine that has already caused complications in folks.

Yes, I will definitely get vaccinate.

Tired of the restrictions, this is the only way we can go back to normal life so I prefer taking the 'risk'.

So, a few months down the line, has anyone changed their mind, in either direction?

Personally, I am conflicted. Unfortunately in Canada the time between shots is spread 3-4 months apart. I'm ready to get vaccinated, but I'd love it if it's done in a way for it to be most effective and the shots are 3-4 weeks apart, as intended.

I want to say I'm not planning on it, but travel restrictions are put in place for some countries (and some venues) so that could be a deciding factor. I have an invite to an event at the end of October and I *REALLY* want to go (very select group, and an honor to be invited), but they require proof of vaccination. Do I risk the shot, or do I risk "my shot" at meeting with some very important people I have respected for years, and we share lots of experiences. Lots to think about!

So, a few months down the line, has anyone changed their mind, in either direction?

Personally, I am conflicted. Unfortunately in Canada the time between shots is spread 3-4 months apart. I'm ready to get vaccinated, but I'd love it if it's done in a way for it to be most effective and the shots are 3-4 weeks apart, as intended.
Yes in the UK we started with the Pfizer vaccine which the second shot to be given 21 days after 1st shot, but this was changed to 12 weeks by UK gov.

I had my 1st jab on 11the March 2021 and my 2nd jab is booked for 28th May 2021. They are even stated over 70s to get a booster shot in Sept.

We are also going to be required to show a vaccine passport to enter licenced premises etc.