1 thing to NEVER say in live chat

Well getting rid of support compared to getting rid of live support chat, is a little different.

Many hosts are very successful without even the thought of live support.

The thing to keep in mind is that the consumer doesn't understand "leveled" or tiered support. All they know is that you are are a tech who works for the company, and they need help...now. When the solution is beyond your scope, that's when you run into the problems as mentioned here.

There is many things you can do to find answers. I know that we installed a script that tells us if somthing is wrong with the server such as mysql, smpt being down.This helps us to see the problam quickly, and to get the problam fixed quickly. Also, on most live chat systems, there is the ability to chat with other operators, you can ask them if you do not know, Im sure someone will know the answer to the question. Im just trying to say you can alteast give your best effort to resolve their problam as fast as you can.

There is many things you can do to find answers. I know that we installed a script that tells us if somthing is wrong with the server such as mysql, smpt being down.This helps us to see the problam quickly, and to get the problam fixed quickly. Also, on most live chat systems, there is the ability to chat with other operators, you can ask them if you do not know, Im sure someone will know the answer to the question. Im just trying to say you can alteast give your best effort to resolve their problam as fast as you can.

I completely agree. The key phrase you used however is "as fast as you can."

The implications made a littler earlier that ALL of your techs should know the answer to ALL aspects of your business, is a complete other story, and a little beyond the scope of a well structured business, as nobody can know everything.