Your browser?

Anjay

Well, there has been no topic asking people which browser they use and why since the board came back, so I guess I might as well. :)

Personally I like Opera. I've used it for a long time now and just can't go back to either Firefox or Internet Explorer. The major benefits with Opera include all-in-one program, the powerful tabs system, the vast amount of shortcut-buttons, the notes system, allowing my to chat in IRC while I'm browsing, and the very low usage of system resources - much lower than Firefox.

Since Opera 8.5, there have been no advertisements which in my opinion is just an added bonus to use it.

I still use IE :)

When more people have voted I will post a list of the statistics that are tracked in the log files of how many use each browser. I want to see how close the voting compares to the stats.

I like FireFox, although to listen to SIRIUS Radio on the internet and a couple other things I use IE, but like I said, 99% of the time, FireFox.

99% of the time I use Firefox too.

Haven't used Opera in years, have no idea what it would be like now.

I moved to Firefox first just for the tabs but when there's a lot of tabs open it uses far too much resources.

I use Opera on my Sony Ericsson P900. It's pretty functional for the small screen. Far better then IE on the Pocket PC.

I will dig up the stats today and let you know what % of the site visitors use. I can tell you now that IE is probably 80% and I will try give my idea of an explanation for that.

John Diver said:
99% of the time I use Firefox too.

Haven't used Opera in years, have no idea what it would be like now.

I moved to Firefox first just for the tabs but when there's a lot of tabs open it uses far too much resources.

Opera is much better for resources than FireFox.

Also - as for stats, FireFox "pre loads" pages to try and make browsing faster. This is an incredibly stupid idea that wastes bandwidth and makes FireFox look like it's being used more than it is. (Web stats record more hits from FireFox than the user actually makes)

Not that I hate FireFox or anything! (Actually, I hated them since they said that by not having Active-X their browser was better. Lynx has no support for pictures - is that, therefore, a better browser?)

I might have to try Opera. I have FireFox at home but rarely use it. I have only used it to test things out.

1 Internet Explorer
72.83%
2 Firefox
18.49%
3 Opera
5.88%
4 Safari
1.40%
5 Mozilla
0.84%
6 uberbrowz
0.28%
7 Netscape
0.28%

These are the stats for the last 7 days. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8