yea yea I know...

GCSolutions

Everyone one loves cPanel.. Interworx is looking pretty sweet. And their cluster panel as well (looks like they are still working on H/A).

Not a huge investment, Nice one time payment. Yet how many customers would walk away from it just because its not cPanel?

Personally I think Interworx is cPanels biggest threat. They got a new graphic designer, their dev team seams solid. They are doing clustering and cPanel hasn't (Why not cPanel?!).

So, if the question is how many customers will not want to use Interworx because they prefer cPanel.. I think the answer is not many. They just need to do the basics, set up email accounts, etc. and they are covered.

I have high hopes for Interworx.

I am not that picky about the control panel as long as I can do what I need to do. I am fine. Although I do avoid plesk because I have used it and do not like it.
I have used hosts with custom panels and had no major issues with the panel.
So I would not mind if a host used this. Honestly I would not mind trying it out as I have not heard of it until now.

I will admit I do prefer directadmin after giving it a try way back several years ago.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Everyone one loves cPanel.. Interworx is looking pretty sweet. And their cluster panel as well (looks like they are still working on H/A).

Not a huge investment, Nice one time payment. Yet how many customers would walk away from it just because its not cPanel?

Interworx is, and always has been a great control panel, but i dont think its doing to take the cpanel customers, let be honest, interworx does the same as directadmin tbh, and people still choose cpanel over this, so i dont think its going to be much threat...

Interworx is, and always has been a great control panel, but i dont think its doing to take the cpanel customers, let be honest, interworx does the same as directadmin tbh, and people still choose cpanel over this, so i dont think its going to be much threat...

I agree. They stated for years that Direct Admin was the new cPanel and this has never happened,

I have had Direct Admin servers that i have had converted to cPanel as could not attract DA clientbase to cover server costs

I have had Direct Admin servers that i have had converted to cPanel as could not attract DA clientbase to cover server costs

I sometimes feel like I am the only one who likes directadmin over cpanel. I have had a lot of issues finding hosts that offer directadmin.

It is like microsoft vs apple or even microsoft vs linux.

I have had a lot of issues finding hosts that offer directadmin.
its because DA does not attract enough clients to make it worth it for many hosts.

If you look at it from a hosts point of view. If you are spending $300 a month on a server then you need to cover this + make a profit.

I only took out a small $20 VPS with free DA to test this, set plans so i could host 5 DA accounts and make a good enough profit, if this took off i could upgrade the server, but after 6 months and plenty of advertising i never got 1 enquiry, so converted the server to cPanel DNS only

Last edited:
Ah, I understand. Powermonster.net started out as a directadmin only host but then added cpanel. I would think I am not the only customer of theirs on directadmin as I am on their lowest plan.

I would imagine the same thing happening to this control panel. I will admit I have not seen Interworx before this thread. So to me it is new, very new. It looked nice when I looked at the demo though.

cPanel clusters are only DNS.

Interworx clusters are more of a true cluster were you have a Cluster manager and nodes that supply only apache services. There a a few different ways to set up interworx cluster in concerns to storage,mysql etc.

Now the cost of a cluster. gets pretty costly since it is basically 25 per node OUCH!!!

*One can buy a license One-Time fee of $294.95. Which does include 6 months of updates and tech support*

Last edited: