Wow

My 2 cents

The converstaion threads here seem to be more based on regular hosting chat and sharing info. and I see WHT as one big SPAM Board (at least in the last few weeks) I am a owner of a company and I get tons of PM's from people saying either "Can you host me for free and I will give you...."
or
"We can host your site for ...."

Which is why I do not really post anymore their and I was only a member their for like 3 weeks. And now I see it as Spam city

I for one am glad to see an alternative to come out. I will enjoy being with this discussion board from the beginning. It will give me the chance to start meeting people as they come about.

Good job and keep it up. Traffic is starting to come!

Eric

From the new guy.

Me, I go where I think the information is valuable and it's a nice bonus if the sharing is productive. We all learn to sort the wheat from the chaff and I know I've found many nuggets of useful information at WHT and other similar boards. HostingMatters also used to have a Forum, strictly for Hosters. Although an excellent Forum, I was away for awhile then noticed they no longer provided it. Don't know what happened to it as there were a lot of Hosters visiting and contributing good info.

Who's to say which Forum is good and which is bad, other than by personal experience. Who know's how long a Forum will last, either? They all start out with good intentions, but it's the visitors and quality of content that makes it worth visiting. I daresay, I found this Forum through a thread at WHT. ;)

Forums are like Newsletters. We can only devote our time to so many and some don't visited/read as often as we may like or dropped altogether. Be nice to spend hours everyday, visiting the different Forums, but it's just not realistic. Content, tone, and over-all "feel" will determine how much of our time we devote.

Here's hoping "hostingdiscussions.com" has a long and productive existence, for all!

I like this place, yet in the poll I put "maybe" because this place is still small. I've known lots of hosting boards which have started, yet all of a sudden closed down. I certainly don't want that to happen to this place, but there is always a chance since this place is small - and we must all admit that.

There are other forums out there like WebHostingTalk, WebHostingForums, WebHostingForum (later created by Saleem the owner of RawServe), AllHostChat, WebHostingChat and eHostingForums - among many many others.

There I have listed six and this one makes seven - so I know of a total of seven, and if you counted FreeWebSpace it'd be eight.

There are many many many boards, but who knows which ones will last?
If this lasts, I'll be happy since I actually prefer it here - the very reason I'm trying to make like 80 or so posts a day! :-D

But for this place to work, we all need to make an effort. If this place succeeds, then I'll say hell yeah it is ten times better than WHT - but not until there is proof, although I will stick around here more often and post here more than WHT! :)

Anjay said:
I like this place, yet in the poll I put "maybe" because this place is still small. I've known lots of hosting boards which have started, yet all of a sudden closed down. I certainly don't want that to happen to this place, but there is always a chance since this place is small - and we must all admit that.

There are other forums out there like WebHostingTalk, WebHostingForums, WebHostingForum (later created by Saleem the owner of RawServe), AllHostChat, WebHostingChat and eHostingForums - among many many others.

There I have listed six and this one makes seven - so I know of a total of seven, and if you counted FreeWebSpace it'd be eight.

There are many many many boards, but who knows which ones will last?
If this lasts, I'll be happy since I actually prefer it here - the very reason I'm trying to make like 80 or so posts a day! :-D

But for this place to work, we all need to make an effort. If this place succeeds, then I'll say hell yeah it is ten times better than WHT - but not until there is proof, although I will stick around here more often and post here more than WHT! :)

Amen.