Would you Outsource your support?

FastNetServers

Hi Guys

I was wondering if you would outsource your technical support?

If yes please state your reason and if no please state your reason.

Thanks

I think he means if you would hire ppl from outside your company who are taking care of the technical support of your hosting :)

If I had to, and I couldnt find anyone to do it inside the company, yes I would.

I think this is what you are asking, sorry if it is not.

Hello,

We thought about this for awhile and decided against it.

Although it is a little more expensive, we decided to hire a couple of additional support people, rather the outsource it.

The reason was to maintain control and quality.

We do outsource several of our server admin functions, but believe that handling our customers ourselves results in higher customer satisfaction.

Nice response Andrew and I totally agree with your point...I did think about these points and decided to invest in an inhouse technical support team but I am still curious to hear from other HT members :)

I think inhouse support can be a lot better, you have a lot more control over everything and you know if your own support reps are up to the job or not.

I would definately not outsource my support. I feel that in order to provide knowledgable and fast response that it start by coming from your own companies reps. When you start outsourcing support you start to generalize you company. Part of what makes a hosting company unique from others is how they handle their support tickets.

I feel if you outsource support you loose the "personal touch" with your clientel. Plus its a hell of a lot harder to monitor what is actually being done, and you always wonder int he back of your head if your outside support is actually telling your clients what they need. The people you outsource may not know too much about your companies ways and the scheme in which everything is laid out. This is why I would never outsource support tickets.

Part of what makes a hosting company unique from others is how they handle their support tickets.

i totally agree with you about that, many people choose a host by the support offered, I know that I would also rather go with a host that has support which has a personal touch rather than someone that is being hired outside the company.

The personal touch means a lot to most customers, they are more likely to stay with your company if you are in contact with them, even if its often through your own inhouse support.
I would I would appreciate it a lot more anyway

I agree with you completely John and Jonathan but you have to understand that nowdays you wouldn't the difference if a hosting company is outsourcing their support of it they arent...you know what I mean? ;)

yeah they might not know but I would say if you have inhouse support, your support reps are going to spend more time with your customers, give them more help with a problem and maybe tell them how to fix it if its something the user can fix etc.
I think with outsources support, they just try get the issue resolved, which is what the customer wants obviously, but I dont think it usually has that personal touch that I said about.

I would always want support to have the time to give to me instead of working for a number of companies and just trying to get through a work load, which most support reps at outsourced support seem to do.

I have never outsourced support for a company but I have used it as a customer and, in my opinion anyway, inhouse reps have always given me more time and helped me out a lot more

<!--QuoteBegin-John Diver+Oct 31 2003, 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John Diver @ Oct 31 2003, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I would always want support to have the time to give to me instead of working for a number of companies and just trying to get through a work load, which most support reps at outsourced support seem to do.

I have never outsourced support for a company but I have used it as a customer and, in my opinion anyway, inhouse reps have always given me more time and helped me out a lot more [/b][/quote]
Agreed,

Usually outsourced support companies are just trying to close tickets.

Nothing upsets a customer more then a support ticket being closed before their problem has been resolved and with only some of their questions answered

Nothing upsets a customer more then a support ticket being closed before their problem has been resolved and with only some of their questions answered

Couldnt agree with you more!
I have had experience of this loads of times in the past and it really is annoying, I dont know how many times I have had to reopen tickets to have everything sorted out

I hate when that happens, and I also hate when the host tells you "it works fine for me, must be your fault" things like this, not good for your hosting rep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8