wordpress vs normal

Most of the hosting companies will offer wordpress hosting on separate servers. The server securities and tweaks for wordpress servers are different than usual shared servers.

It is amazing to see someone who's signature says "dedicated servers" to ask "Is there any difference between wordpress hosting & regular shared Hosting"?

With all due respect this is an imbecilic question at its best! The real issues is that it lowers the quality of the conversations of the HD forums.

The real answer, WordPress hosting for the most part is the same as regular shared hosting. It is a marketing thing, if people feel they need wordpress hosting they are going to look for that.

Where it gets different is offering Managed WordPress which generally comes with a special server setup and/or tools specific for WP and/or more hand holding support.

There is no real difference between the two. In fact you can install WordPress to your regular shared hosting.

Nearly all web hosting platforms are capable of running a WordPress site. But the fact still remains that you are much more likely to get better results if you choose a host that’s specifically built to perform well with WordPress.

Hosting companies that specifically offer WordPress Hosting often times are using an optimized machine and caching system for WordPress. However, not all hosts do that, so you'll want to ask the specific host what they offer that's different about their WordPress hosting.

Any host can run WordPress, but some hosts are better optimized for it. You must ask the question at the relevant host.

We have both dedicated servers for WordPress and others for X-Cart, and others for "general" hosting. The servers are tweaked in specific sections to get the best performance out the software and user experience.

The real answer, WordPress hosting for the most part is the same as regular shared hosting. It is a marketing thing, if people feel they need wordpress hosting they are going to look for that.

Where it gets different is offering Managed WordPress which generally comes with a special server setup and/or tools specific for WP and/or more hand holding support.

I cant say for certain but i agree with this more hosts are "selling wordpress" what ive seen is "wordpress hosting" get offered with a free wordpress installation ( whoop ) and some demo content templates can be bought. I looks more like a offering a products and service that you already had access to on shared hosting in a more convenient and emphasised way.

Which works. I have seen that there are some differences in some packages but i doubt thats the driving force behind it.

I cant say for certain but i agree with this more hosts are "selling wordpress" what ive seen is "wordpress hosting" get offered with a free wordpress installation ( whoop ) and some demo content templates can be bought. I looks more like a offering a products and service that you already had access to on shared hosting in a more convenient and emphasised way.

Which works. I have seen that there are some differences in some packages but i doubt thats the driving force behind it.

If a host uses WHMCS and also has softaculous on their server then they can get an addon that links to softaculous, so if you were to order wordpress hosting then WP or any script you request would be automatically installed, but softaculous is not 100% reliable

There is no difference between both Wordpress and normal hosting. You can choose basic plan and install wordpress on it. Wordpress hosting is just you will get ready with wordpress installed Which cost you little bit than normal..

There is no difference between both Wordpress and normal hosting. You can choose basic plan and install wordpress on it. Wordpress hosting is just you will get ready with wordpress installed Which cost you little bit than normal..

Possibly. Or it could be a server setup with caching, optimized for wordpress, monitoring of core files, plugin updates, plugin monitoring etc etc.

Don't just assume that "WordPress Hosting" is just a hosting with PHP, MySQL and Apache.

Every host has different meanings for what "WordPress Hosting" is, so check with the host. Also, be aware of Managed WordPress Hosting which also could be so far as to lock down the core wordpress files and only allow a user to add plugins & theme files (this is what we do on some of our client accounts).

In shared hosting, you get a small portion of a large server to host your website. Resources are shared among hundreds of websites hosted on the same server.

Performance and security is an issue on such hosting as large websites might take more space and if one website is hacked it can affect others hosted on the same server.

Optimized WordPress hosting is usually cloud-based which offers utilities suitable to run WordPress sites smoothly. It is pre-configured for WordPress and offers tools required for maximum performance and security.

I have seen some providers offering customized services with wordpress hosting:-
- Cache optimization
- Some automation to frequently update core

But this can be done on shared hosting too. So, bottom line, no difference.

The major difference is that Wordpress hosting has everything prepared for you to use Wordpress right away without the hassle to install it from scratch.

In most of the times, WordPress s the same as shared hosting or pretty close to it. The bigger question is, what are you trying to do with WordPress. If you have a small website or blog, then simple shared hosting would do. If you have a huge blog or a site that has a ton of traffic, then a dedicated WordPress hosting solution would be the best. Try wpengine.com or getflywheel.com. both companies are good but can get pricey. In most situations just get shared hosting.

Shared hosting is basically sharing a server and other resources with other users.
whereas WordPress hosting is specifically optimized for wordpress sites and also includes different features like premium plugins , themes.

WordPress sites can be hosted in different types of hosting. However, managed WordPress hosting only hosts WordPress sites. It comes with some features to attract.
ct users to WordPress.

1. Professional WordPress Support
2. Security Guidelines
3. Tailored performance specs such as page caching and Content Delivery Network (CDN)
4. Automatic WordPress Updates.
5. Both automatic and manual daily backups
6. Staging sites.