WHSuite

This WHSuite product looks promising, I have not tried it out, but I will check out their 14 day trial and test it out to see what it's all about when I have some free time. This can be a product as long as they patch security holes when found, and they maintain active development on it, continue to pack in features, continue to add platforms, etc.

I'll check it out and may post my review about it later on.

This WHSuite product looks promising, I have not tried it out, but I will check out their 14 day trial and test it out to see what it's all about when I have some free time. This can be a product as long as they patch security holes when found, and they maintain active development on it, continue to pack in features, continue to add platforms, etc.

I'll check it out and may post my review about it later on.

I was part of the original beta phase. The beta 1 was quite popular among testers but then it has dropped off from beta 2+.

I wouldn't classify them as 'maintain active development on it'. The beta's were far and wide -- v1 stable was released in March 2016 and since then there has been no update on the platform.

WHSuite just went opensource. According to their announcement they couldn't make it a commercial product, and rather than vanishing all the work they released it as opensource. I guess the development wasn't what they were expecting.

WHSuite just went opensource. According to their announcement they couldn't make it a commercial product, and rather than vanishing all the work they released it as opensource. I guess the development wasn't what they were expecting.

I think they made a good call here. Lets see how this gets picked up by the community.

You know, I know it's out there, but have yet to try it. When I hear the word, buggy, it makes me hesitant to be on the bleeding edge of new software. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys