WHSuite

RosenHost

Has anyone checked WHSuite out? It looks like a new competition to Blesta, ClientExec and WHMCS. Currently actively developed, pricing seems to be competitive.

Until recently, it was free to try it with the BETA version. I guess free BETA is no longer available. However, I believe there is a trial version with all the features available.

You can check the software out here;

https://whsuite.com

I have never heard of this company but I don't think it would go that far as most people are used to whmcs. It's like cPanel. There are many control panels that look and feel like cpanel but people still use cpanel because it's widely used and its easy to use..

I have used in the past, its a completely new system. You can have max a trial of 14 days but not longer. I have still the latest Beta version. Add me on skype so i can share it with you :)

I have just test their configuration but not really used, but I just have set the config part only but its not very easy to use. I still prefer WHMCS, CleintExec, HostBill or Blesta.

In my opinion competition is always good for customers. I am glad WHSuite is in the market. Currently we are using WHMCS too and also own a CE license. However being aware of other software in the market and following the latest trends is a necessity in my opinion.

I have also seen the LET thread about WHSuite. Initial comments are not very positive. However, one of those comments come from a leading Blesta reseller, so I am a little doubtful about those comments. May be the best thing is to download the trial and test it on a local environent. :smash:

In my opinion competition is always good for customers. I am glad WHSuite is in the market. Currently we are using WHMCS too and also own a CE license. However being aware of other software in the market and following the latest trends is a necessity in my opinion.

I have also seen the LET thread about WHSuite. Initial comments are not very positive. However, one of those comments come from a leading Blesta reseller, so I am a little doubtful about those comments. May be the best thing is to download the trial and test it on a local environent. :smash:

Yes, he is reselling blesta but he provided screenshots. So his comment is not biased. I used beta version, not impressed.

I would go very slow when it comes to dumping WHMCS. We used some billing softwares before we moved to WHMCS and we were never fully happy. WHMCS have their own share of issues but they beat them all

I have also seen the LET thread about WHSuite. Initial comments are not very positive. However, one of those comments come from a leading Blesta reseller, so I am a little doubtful about those comments. May be the best thing is to download the trial and test it on a local environment. :smash:

I agree, competition is always good, it keeps the industry leaders on their toes and ensures the consumer has choice.

I haven't seen anyone come close to WHMCS yet but there may be a day yet when it happens.

Trust me I can be bias but only against WHMCS, I tried WHSuite in beta thought it was very bare, but now they are charging $6 (then $12) I told the truth... would you really pay for software which is buggy as hell? If you do go with WHMCS :D, at least they are more stable.

On WHSuite if you want to add PayPal, you go to the addons page try and find it mixed in with modules / plugins / other gateways.

When you find it install it, then tell me where you found the settings to put the PayPal email address in and the other stuff. Because it's about 10 minutes away from the installation button.

When you go to account.whsuite.com and click Order now, what happens? You see a "add to cart" button... Is that user friendly? Does it look like it's worth $6 / $12 of your hard earned cash? Not in my opinion.

The Checkout should in common sense situations be displayed when there's something in the cart, if you click it you are then redirected to the login page with an error you can't disable (which is in green by the way).

----

Ok now you are adding a sales ticket, click on Support > Create a ticket as a guest, why is there a services option which has N/A? You'd assume it's common sense again to be shown if you are logged in.

----

The two copyrights is confusing and misleading because do you own the Intellectual property of WHSuite when you buy a monthly license? That's what it is, the left is the copyright by WHSuite the right is (c) your company name.

----

If you wish to waste money you are better off chucking the money into a river or off a cliff.

Agreed about Hostbill who is willing to pay $599 for a license and then pay $99 for every addon / order form you want.

Trust me I can be bias but only against WHMCS, I tried WHSuite in beta thought it was very bare, but now they are charging $6 (then $12) I told the truth... would you really pay for software which is buggy as hell? If you do go with WHMCS :D, at least they are more stable.

On WHSuite if you want to add PayPal, you go to the addons page try and find it mixed in with modules / plugins / other gateways.

When you find it install it, then tell me where you found the settings to put the PayPal email address in and the other stuff. Because it's about 10 minutes away from the installation button.

When you go to account.whsuite.com and click Order now, what happens? You see a "add to cart" button... Is that user friendly? Does it look like it's worth $6 / $12 of your hard earned cash? Not in my opinion.

The Checkout should in common sense situations be displayed when there's something in the cart, if you click it you are then redirected to the login page with an error you can't disable (which is in green by the way).

----

Ok now you are adding a sales ticket, click on Support > Create a ticket as a guest, why is there a services option which has N/A? You'd assume it's common sense again to be shown if you are logged in.

----

The two copyrights is confusing and misleading because do you own the Intellectual property of WHSuite when you buy a monthly license? That's what it is, the left is the copyright by WHSuite the right is (c) your company name.

----

If you wish to waste money you are better off chucking the money into a river or off a cliff.

Agreed about Hostbill who is willing to pay $599 for a license and then pay $99 for every addon / order form you want.

they (WHSuite) cant even update their own site as scroll to the bottom and it shows

Copyright © Turn 24 Ltd. 2013-2014. All Rights Reserved.

----

----

----

I have seen your screenshots and I agree with you. However I opened this thread because every competition is good for us web hosting companies and this software can be freely discussed.

I also added it would be best to download a trial and personally see the issues you have pointed out with screenshots. I believe they are very critical and you are right. Even if they charge $1 or $6, once you are a paid product, mistakes should rarely happen.

However, not everyone here saw your screenshots on LET and I felt like I should let people know that you are an exclusive Blesta reseller while evaluating your comments. I did so.

Regards,

Tried whsuite for a month, cannot be compared to whmcs, i guess the price is that lower also

I would compare it to BoxBillling if that.

I have seen your screenshots and I agree with you. However I opened this thread because every competition is good for us web hosting companies and this software can be freely discussed.

I also added it would be best to download a trial and personally see the issues you have pointed out with screenshots. I believe they are very critical and you are right. Even if they charge $1 or $6, once you are a paid product, mistakes should rarely happen.

However, not everyone here saw your screenshots on LET and I felt like I should let people know that you are an exclusive Blesta reseller while evaluating your comments. I did so.

Regards,

True and we're not an exclusive Blesta distributor, there's:
- LicensePal.com
- BuycPanel.com
and some small ones, but I'm more well known for Blesta because we've sold Blesta since May 2013, and advertise it more than the other two well known distributors. I am also a forum moderator at http://blesta.com/forums/

I would go very slow when it comes to dumping WHMCS.
This.
I took a look at WHSuite (first time I've heard of it here), and honestly, not that impressed. It just doesn't seem to be that good.

Back when WHMCS was getting repeatedly hacked, vulnerabilities were disclosed, I had started to look into other solutions. At the end of the day though, stuck with WHMCS. It's not the prettiest software out there, but it's alright, and one can extend it rather well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys