Who would you go with for a dedicated server?

BlackStorm

Who do you think is the best to go with for a dedicated server?
I have heard that Rackshack.net customer services have really gone downhill ever since they started offering the low setup fees.

They are back to the $99 setup fees for servers, maybe now they can hire more support staff to deal with all the extra customers they got during the special offer.
I think they expanded too quickly and werent prepared for it.

Server4u looks like it offers very cheap servers, what do you think?

Which datacentres would you put at the top of your list?

I haven't found many positve reviews for server4u. Rackshack is still a good choice for people that can admin their own server. The Planet is also getting a good reputation and have managed options.

I agree, I was looking at oneandone.com’s dedicated servers and the prices seem a little high. My first host seemed to have good dedicated servers from about £50 +

I re-sell for a company out of The Planets datacenter.
We have servers unmanaged starting at $109 per month with no setup fees.

Line connection is : Multihomed 300mbps HE.net and 100mbps Yipes.

Rackshack has taken a step back like John mentioned above. This was mainly due to their huge no setup fee offer. I heard something like 2,700 servers were sold in the first week. You can imagine the cause and the stress on the system / employees.

As for the servers4you business. They seem to be pretty decent. The only thing that scares me is that www.fdcservers.com points to them. ... FDC used to have some shitty support

i rent from rackshack, servermatrix, hostany and nocster... have had positive experience with all of them but i prefer servermatrix due to pricing and support..

I hear the DN has pretty good servers for decent prices, customer support is good.

For Ensim users, I'd try ValueWeb.com they are really good.. for cPanel and such, either DedicatedNOW or Nocster are good..

Server Matrix/THE PLANET where our servers are colocated in is awesome...the network is good and everything and my techs see a lot of new servers being setup for their customers on a daily basis not to mention it has economical pricing with no setup fees :)

GordyMac said:
For Ensim users, I'd try ValueWeb.com they are really good.. for cPanel and such, either DedicatedNOW or Nocster are good..

I heard that Nocster was run out of a huge garage type of facility and has poor security. Anyone else heard anything like this???

Please dont even start with Nocster...we had our servers colocated with them and I would say that they are one of the crappiest companies I have ever come across from the top to the bottom...no jokes...want stories PM me :)

We used to have our dedicated servers with www.netsonic.net - really good ded server providers....

We still keep one of our boxes with them mostly because of their service and their network uptime....

We moved most of our servers some time ago, but not because of anything they did or did not do....(long, complicated story)

Anyway, Id recommend taking a look at them - good AMD boxes, theyve been in business for 6 or 7 years and they have not gotten "too big" to forget what good support means...