Who is the best free host?

BlackStorm

Who is the best free host at the minute?
It doesnt have to be a large company who only does free hosting, it could be a mainly premium host who is giving out free hosting for a while, normally that is where you will find the best free host anyway.
Why are they better than any others out there?
Do they have an upgrade option?What special features are included in their free plans?

What do you think makes the best free host?

Like goooooogle said, Im not big into using free hosts.
I know fortune city, lycos, geocities have been around for a long time so they are probably doing something right.

I tend to stay away from this area though... it may be nice to get a free 20MB space and 500MB transfer from those providers.... but I hate popups.

I know 1&1 (AKA: One and One, 1 and 1, One & One) Is doing some insane free hosting right now just to attract some business. I wonder how that will turn out.

hey Jonathan :) Good to see you!
1&1 doesnt exactly have the best premium hosting I dont think so I wouldnt think too highly of any free hosting they are offering.

I cant remember when I last used free hosting but I think my last free host was netfirms and they were good for a free hosting, might have changed since then though

Hey John, been a busy few days. I got nailed with my daytime job. Then I just invested in WHM Auto Pilot for my hosting comp. I had to recompile my machine, redesign some pages, setup WHMAP all that fun stuff. Im still working on it as we speak.

You should see more posts from me next week though :)

I used to use netfirms, and they seemed a good free host. They had a non intrusive banner at the top, and no otehr adverts. I remember running my first forum there, a yabb perl version :shudders:

Plus, not sure if they still do, but they did allow hotlinking imagesm which was useful for having a banner to advertise your site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8