Who do you use as a processor?

whmcsguru

This is one of those 'I like it because it works for me' questions, I'm sure, but who are you using to process transactions? I'm not talking about something like WHMCS or Blesta, or Clientexec, but who you're going through for processors, and why?

My own 0.02:

Paypal:
Industry standard, pretty much if you don't have it, you don't get anywhere... AND their debit card works incredibly well for me (or did up until the past couple of years ;)). Been using them since 1999-2000 , somewhere in there.

On the card side of things, CDG Commerce
I'll probably end up dropping this, as it's redundant at this point, but I've been with 'em for 10 years, and still do a small amount of card charging on a monthly basis at this point.

Right now using paypal, as it is mass supported.
Access to instant funds is a big plus over waiting a week to get funds.

Going to be looking stripe soon, to look if it fits my needs.

As you said PayPal is vital for any online business.

We use PayPal which makes up most of our transactions, we also use Gate2Shop, Bitpay, bank transfer & Western Union

Currently using PayPal as it's supported the most. I've been thinking about Google Checkout, but it has the same fees as PayPal so I'm not quite sure the point other then to provide it to customers.

Still thinking about it...

Currently using PayPal as it's supported the most. I've been thinking about Google Checkout, but it has the same fees as PayPal so I'm not quite sure the point other then to provide it to customers.

Still thinking about it...

Where are you seeing this? I thought Google Checkout was discontinued a long time ago -- feel fre to prove me wrong :).

It was rebranded to Google Wallet and today it seems to just be a free payment option to send money to the US via an email address or phone number.

Regarding the fees, the main considering should be your clients. If the fees of any gateway are the same then what are you losing by not adding them? Nothing. All whilst you're adding a variety for your clients, letting them pay with the method they are most comfortable with.

But considering my point about Google Checkout/Wallet, feel free to check out Stripe.

PayPal only. We wanted to try 2CO too. However, verifications and documents were taking too long. We plan to add BitCoin in the near future

Where are you seeing this? I thought Google Checkout was discontinued a long time ago -- feel fre to prove me wrong :).

It was rebranded to Google Wallet and today it seems to just be a free payment option to send money to the US via an email address or phone number.

Regarding the fees, the main considering should be your clients. If the fees of any gateway are the same then what are you losing by not adding them? Nothing. All whilst you're adding a variety for your clients, letting them pay with the method they are most comfortable with.

But considering my point about Google Checkout/Wallet, feel free to check out Stripe.

Wait... it's 2006 isn't it? :| Boy I am really living in the past.

You make all great points. Nothing wrong with the service, it's on my todo to implement.

You are absolutely right. It has been nearly 3 years since it was discontinued

We use the following gateways and find they all work well.

PayPal - for PayPal (obviously)
Stripe - for Credit Card transactions
BitPay - for BitCoin
GoCardLess - for Direct Debit bank transactions

We use the following gateways and find they all work well.

PayPal - for PayPal (obviously)
Stripe - for Credit Card transactions
BitPay - for BitCoin
GoCardLess - for Direct Debit bank transactions

Nice list,

Currently using Paypal & stripe & accept checks from people located in USA and are willing to pay annually. I have a bitpay account, but have never set it up.

We use a variation of payment methods:

PayPal Billing Agreements (primarily)
Stripe (Credit Card Payments) - Most Customer's Use This Option

We also do:
Bank Transfer
Mail-In Payments (Business Checks Only, Cashier Checks, Money Orders)
Purchase Orders
Square Cash (however no one has ever used this method)

We also accept Square and payments via Square Marketplace.

We can take credit card payments over the phone using our Square app on my iPhone or iPad.

I wouldn't change the way that we are setup. I like how we take the payments and there are no other payment processors or methods of payments that we need to accept.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys