Whmcs vs Hostbill

Have some stats?

There is nothing particularly special about WHMCS.

Most of big businesses in this industry use their own billing software. I don't think any of the providers I buy from use WHMCS. When I see it anywhere (I know it's highly subjective) that resource loses credibility for me. Because: it can be run by newbie or if they are rather known businesses, they usually don't bother customizing WHMCS to fit their main website design perfectly, which should be done in such case.
nothing wrong with Blesta. i have been using it since I restarted my hosting business and have had no issues

The price can be very high due to the exchange rates in the countries.
for example, 1$ = 8.16 lira in Turkey. so it is multiplied by x8. Imagine that a hosting company with 50.000 customers will have an approximate license fee of 6928.66 turkish lira per month and this monthly will be very high.

So, if it were me, I would have a special software company make my own customer management system for these prices and it would be much cheaper.
It is the same happening to us. In Sri Lanka, we offer some hosting packages on an Annual Basis. Such as Annually 14$ like that. Actually, what WHMCS did, is worst now.

It is the same happening to us. In Sri Lanka, we offer some hosting packages on an Annual Basis. Such as Annually 14$ like that. Actually, what WHMCS did, is worst now.
But WHMCS and the same with cPanel have only done what Plesk has been doing for years and as cPanel is owned by Oakley Capital who also own Plesk then it was natural that they would move to the same structure.

Yes, exchange rates differ for all countries, but the actual exchange rate you use will be set by the payment processor. as officially the rate may be 1$ = 8.16 lira in Turkey, but if you use paypal and PP rates is 1$ = 8.65 lira in Turkey then this is the rate you need to use, but if pp rates changed to 1$ = 6.2 lira in Turkey, then this is the rate you use.
WHMCS before they were taken over by cPanel caused many issues for UK users as they have always taken payments in USD even though they were UK based, so the actual amount paid each month changed according to exchange rates even though i was in the same country.

So, raise the price on those packages, or better yet, discontinue the annual garbage and move on

WHMCS and cPanel are very affordable, if you look at it on a per client basis. If you’re not breaking even, paying pennies a month for software , per client, then the problem isn’t with the software, it’s with your business model. Step back, re-evaluate your pricing, adjust it so that it works with the current situation and move on

in case you haven’t been paying attention, prices are going up, on everything. Wages are forced to go up, meaning prices on everything from gas to food to electricity are going up. WHMCS, being a US based company (for employment purposes) and cPanel (being a fully US based company) are going to start seeing a massive shift where employees are concerned, as the scale they’re paying, based on today’s wages is massively low. This has to come from somewhere , and it won’t be the company coffers

Not yet here about hostbill so, no comment on it. But as we are using WHMCS sinces 2015 and it work fine. And it fully automation and have a lost of modules that you an install and interigate it. If you are good with developing then you can design whmcs as per your requirement.

both have it good and no good. It depend on your end. Since whmcs no longer support update for owned license, best choice will be hostbill with alot of feature.

I haven't used HostBill before, but I am a fan of one-time payments. The hardest part about choosing a billing software is the integrations. WHMCS reigns supreme in that area and will for the foreseeable future, or until another billing software starts putting heavy focus in that area.

We migrated to Hostbill from WHMCS haha
How did the migration go? Asking this because we're going to change WHMCS with HostBill. Did you ask them to make the migration from WHMCS, or was that handled internally? As for support, are they okay on the long run? Seeing you posted in 2021, I guess you have an idea of how okay they are.

We don't have anything against WHMCS, it works just fine. But we found that HostBill would be more appropriate for our business model due to its modules. And, actually, we found their team to be quite open to our support questions and even implemented some things which they didn't have - like Perfect Money module - when we asked for it, they didn't have it but said they would do it. And they did.

And, actually, we found their team to be quite open to our support questions and even implemented some things which they didn't have - like Perfect Money module - when we asked for it, they didn't have it but said they would do it. And they did.
That's great to hear. What a refreshing example of a properly run software company.

Whmcs will keep increasing prices and I think everyone sooner or later will leave them except big hosting companies.
Hostbillapp is an excellent replacement.

Whmcs will keep increasing prices and I think everyone sooner or later will leave them except big hosting companies.
Hostbillapp is an excellent replacement.
WHMCS is monthly
Hostbill is a one-time fee + paid support (where they keep changing their prices)
I somehow don't think they will be a replacement for WHMCS

I've used them all one point, but settled on WHMCS more than 10 years ago. This is another item I consider doing the cost of doing business, lifetime licenses are becoming more and more a thing of the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys