WHMCS Version 6.3 Released

RosenHost

Looks like WHMCS is back with another update. I liked the updates with the ticket system and the localisation. Blog post is available at the link below. I have quoted the main highlights of this update.

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=112695

Version 6.3 is now available.

In Version 6.3, we've focused on the ticket system with many exciting enhancements including:

Rich-Text Formatting - now you can apply styles to your text, as well as bulleted and numbered lists, code blocks and more, thanks to the introduction of Markdown support

Auto-saving - your reply is now saved as you type which coupled with improved session timeout detection helps to ensure you never lose that long reply you've been working on

Improved Notifications - a new simpler, clearer ticket notification design keeps you better informed of activity and changes to support tickets you are assigned to or watching

Ticket Watching - watching a ticket keeps you in the loop with email notifications any time a reply or change is made, allowing you to see a ticket through to resolution

More Powerful Search - supporting multiple department and status criteria concurrently allows you to build the ticket views that work for you

In-line Ticket Notes - document your work and allow your colleagues to see your notes in chronological order, right alongside customer replies

Image Attachment Previews - view image attachments more quickly and easily without having to download them thanks to full-screen in-line previews

Version 6.3 also introduces support for localising product names, descriptions and more with Easy Translation, Email Address Verification, Improved Email Notification Styling and more.

I like the auto saving feature,however I will not install right away till the bugs (if any) fixed at first.

Yes the auto saving feature is what got me as well,How ever if you have not done the update yet I would wait,when we did the update somthing messed up and our client area page was "white pages" took three days for WHMCS support to fix it.

These features look great but like most hosts I am going wait until all the bugs get out. Man I hate bugs, LOL..

Installed it on our dev setup and works fine, no issues with clientarea, but my production WHMCS still says 6.2.2 is current version.

Haven't updated my own installs yet but having played around with it on multiple domains it is looking like a really good update.

One thing I dislike about it:

After replying to a ticket it sends out normally but when the support rep goes back into the ticket the last reply is written out in the reply box.

I'm sure it's a bug but for now it's annoying.

We have had it since it came out,beside the issue that we had to wait for WHMCS support to fix we are loving the new update works good had other issue so far.

We have been victims of moving too fast when they released updates in the past and now we have learnt to first take our time until full stability is established. I like the features but I wont take the copy to the main production until am sure.

New support system is fine. May be in the future, external ticket systems wont be needed. I know some companies are using Kayako etc.

I don't see any change in this new version XD...is my problem? also regarding the mobile responsive template...

personally i like WHMCS s lot. too bad, whmcs do not have much choices of cloud module. Therefore, we have to give up and turn into hostbill. Now cloud is the market trend, they should focus a bit to support cloud module.

I feel that whmcs is pretty difficult to use and also the user experience is hardened. The reason nobody notices that is that there is a lack of alternatives.