WHMCS upgrade announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they have released WHMCS v6 with lots of GUI work done at the clientarea part and integration of cPanel with the help of cpanel developers.

Well some people are having issues after upgrading to WHMCS v6.... that is what I have seen in other forums.

So it is better to wait for a while and then upgrade.....

Now they have released WHMCS v6 with lots of GUI work done at the clientarea part and integration of cPanel with the help of cpanel developers.

Yup, They been presently releasing too many versions. Rather then concentrating each section wise.

Whole of their v5 releases compromised headaches at both ends clients and administrators.

Hope they have learnt their lessons... You are right better weight another 1-2months for upgrade ... Better stay in stable versions.

WHMCS working fine for me, upgraded without issues, now I have cPanel and whmcs integrated with solous working good, try it your going to like it. Thanks

There are many bugs being reported and many modules still dont support the WHMCS v6

Not so many bugs.

users are advised to read these

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0
http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6_Template_Migration_Guide

the problem with modules not working is that from the final WHMCS Beta RC1 to final release WHMCS added and changed things without telling anyone, so while some developers had their modules working with beta RC1 these failed to work with WHMCS 6 final release.

So developers are working hard to get their modules working.

Well some people are having issues after upgrading to WHMCS v6.... that is what I have seen in other forums.

So it is better to wait for a while and then upgrade.....

What sort of issues are you seeing? I haven't seen many (or at least compared to previous versions).

What sort of issues are you seeing? I haven't seen many (or at least compared to previous versions).

I agree, the WHMCS forum seems quite for a change after an upgrade, i had a couple issue, but this was down to some 3rd party addons not yet WHMCS 6 compatible.
Although it took at 49 hr wait for a reply to a support ticket to sort 1 if these issues out as it was the IP monitor addon that cause an issue where Knowledgebase.php threw an error in the Five theme

Not so many bugs.

users are advised to read these

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0
http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6_Template_Migration_Guide

the problem with modules not working is that from the final WHMCS Beta RC1 to final release WHMCS added and changed things without telling anyone, so while some developers had their modules working with beta RC1 these failed to work with WHMCS 6 final release.

So developers are working hard to get their modules working.

That is so true. Developers like us, are working really hard now to update our modules to be fully compatible with both WHMCS V6 and its new six template.

Nevertheless, we managed to update 10 of our modules before the official release, but to continue the update of the rest we had to put our hands of the final 6.0 version first.

That is so true. Developers like us, are working really hard now to update our modules to be fully compatible with both WHMCS V6 and its new six template.

Nevertheless, we managed to update 10 of our modules before the official release, but to continue the update of the rest we had to put our hands of the final 6.0 version first.

Even the IP Monitor addon broke our WHMCS and when i mentioned this on the WHMCS forum guess what the thread was removed and the ticket i had tried to blame me and other addons, even though i provided a video screengrab showing them.

Even the IP Monitor addon broke our WHMCS and when i mentioned this on the WHMCS forum guess what the thread was removed and the ticket i had tried to blame me and other addons, even though i provided a video screengrab showing them.

They deleted your thread? I find WHMCS to be generally open about that sort of stuff, not deleting the negatives.

They deleted your thread? I find WHMCS to be generally open about that sort of stuff, not deleting the negatives.

yup a certain forum admin seems to have it in for me, which in the last thread which he closed he accused me of abusing tech support in tickets, which i never did and even WHMCS management agree with me that i never abused anyone, so they are going to have words with the forum admin to see what his issue with me is.

I much better prefer to see companies updating their script frequently rather than see an update every 2-3 months.

It means that they take care of security and issues.

I much better prefer to see companies updating their script frequently rather than see an update every 2-3 months.

but if their is no security or any other issues, then their would be no need to update, but yes WHMCS often release patches for security or known issues.

The issue here is they have to update it regally to secure their customers installations because of their lack of security minded developers and their rubbish code from 2005 they just built on.

They claim to have re-coded WHMCS v6 as they are using a new framework and also claimed the modules won't be effected. But they are still at risk and the module's end up broken like ModulesGardens and others because they've removed the dbconnect.php file which just linked to the init.php.

That's all the modules do now connect to init.php and not dbconnect.php so they are slowly learning but until they get it all correct you will have a lot more updates and fixes.

And you have to pay every year unless you pay monthly to get the fixes.

The issue here is they have to update it regally to secure their customers installations because of their lack of security minded developers and their rubbish code from 2005 they just built on.

They claim to have re-coded WHMCS v6 as they are using a new framework and also claimed the modules won't be effected. But they are still at risk and the module's end up broken like ModulesGardens and others because they've removed the dbconnect.php file which just linked to the init.php.

That's all the modules do now connect to init.php and not dbconnect.php so they are slowly learning but until they get it all correct you will have a lot more updates and fixes.

And you have to pay every year unless you pay monthly to get the fixes.
yes WHMCS v6 has been redone, the module issue is that from the RC1 beta to the final release things were changed without warning or notice, so developers who had modified their modules for v6 found they did not work with the final release.

yes WHMCS v6 has been redone, the module issue is that from the RC1 beta to the final release things were changed without warning or notice, so developers who had modified their modules for v6 found they did not work with the final release.

I personally don't believe it was re-done, it would take them ages to recode and ensure it's secure and that the old mistakes were fixed. Why? They have a SQL Injection which hasn't been fixed yet, and I know that because there was no security fixes in v6 and there's no security patch for 5.x after July 2nd.

https://twitter.com/aboul3la/status/616589882077614080

maybe you just upset because you lost the distribution rights when WHMCS cancelled the program.

a lot was changed in version 6 such as smarty and php setups, which has been the major issues

maybe you just upset because you lost the distribution rights when WHMCS cancelled the program.

a lot was changed in version 6 such as smarty and php setups, which has been the major issues

Never liked WHMCS since May 2013, so I was lucky whilst my mates was turning off their installations because of the bad exploits released by localhost.re. And I've never sold WHMCS either, LicensePal did and they where the biggest distributor (from what I've heard - due to their database leak).

Updates to smarty and php 5.4 doesn't prevent their issues. You can use duck tape to fix a crack in a door but it doesn't prevent it being kicked in. I can say maybe you are blinded by the mistakes and errors because of trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.