WHMCS increases prices (again)

We have noticed the pricing increase for WHMCS over the past 6 years. It may be too late but we recommended to our customers to purchase owned licenses as it will pay off, as you are a grandfathered in service.

I so wish that a more viable alternative to WHMCS would exist. But until then, we are stuck with it and they can increase prices as they wish.

I found that price is still same If you purchase from Resellers but If you want to purchase it directly then it will be very high.

I don't like this pricing. One time price or at lest $15 for unlimited clients is much better.

I found that price is still same If you purchase from Resellers but If you want to purchase it directly then it will be very high.

I don't like this pricing. One time price or at lest $15 for unlimited clients is much better.

Yes i had a licence direct from them and with VAT it was just under $20, now i have a VPS and WHMCS licence for a total price of $25.59 from a reseller. the WHMCS licence is only $10.

If they raised the prices across the board they would have likely lost me as a customer. I don't have anywhere near 250 customers and we're only just breaking even.

I'm quite happy with the tier system. The more clients I have, the more valuable the software is to me, the more I am willing to pay.
They have not. They have introduced a tier based pricing system as follows;

Up to 250 Clients $15.95/mo (Branded)
Up to 250 Clients $18.95/mo (No Branding)
Up to 1000 Clients $24.95/mo (No Branding)
Over 1000 Clients $39.95/mo (No Branding)

For WHMCS resellers with unlimited license their bulk discounted prices remain same while all their unlimited license were converted to 250 Clients $15.95/mo Branded license.

This is because resellers were not touched until July 5th, 2017. Right now all reseller + direct users have been updated to new pricing structure.

You can only "buy" WHMCS licenses from them directly.
Now, some datacenters are allowing customers to purchase them, but those are only for use in their datacenter.

The era of a 'free' WHMCS license will likely go , very quickly, as even reseller license are hit with this

The era of a 'free' WHMCS license will likely go , very quickly, as even reseller license are hit with this
Not at all, all DC and reseller bulk pricing remains same. As far as I see all providers who have been providing free internal license will be providing the same, only difference will be that those unlimited license would be converted to limited 250 account keys.

You can only "buy" WHMCS licenses from them directly.
WRONG their reseller program is still very much active https://www.whmcs.com/resellers/, so you can still get licences from resellers.
yes you cant get external licences from anyone now apart from WHMCS

Not really, nothing stopping any host signing up to their reseller program and offers a free licence with certain plans as long as the host can cover the cost of the WHMCS licence in the hosting price.

Not really, nothing stopping any host signing up to their reseller program and offers a free licence with certain plans as long as the host can cover the cost of the WHMCS licence in the hosting price.
Exactly and the best part is reseller prices remain the same as before for the base license.

I was wondering. What happened to the owned licences? Would you still offer support and updates for owned licence customers. I just always felt owned licence customers that pay again for updates isn't good if you have bought it as owned.

I was wondering. What happened to the owned licences? Would you still offer support and updates for owned licence customers. I just always felt owned licence customers that pay again for updates isn't good if you have bought it as owned.

Owned licences are removed and no longer available

Not at all, all DC and reseller bulk pricing remains same.
Wrong
Reseller bulk pricing went up, just like everything else, earlier this month. They mailed people they were going to do it, and they did.

In most cases, you likely won't notice it. However, when your clients come running to you because they've exhausted their client limit, you will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys