WHMCS Add-ons

Wavy IT

Is there any Add-ons for WHMCS you're currently using that you'd recommend?

Curious what other people are using and if it may be suitable for me as well.

Yes addons mostly created once will not be having proper followup with the upgrades which whmcs is making and I have seen a lot of such issues from the initial days of my career. Always best to stay away from addons.

You need to know the longevity of those making the addons, you have great companies like Modulesgarden, Zomex, Whmcs Services who just deal in modules and templates and issue regular updates when WHMCS issue new or updated versions.

The issue with some modules is when you see so called developers appear on the WHMCS forum without any real post counts or reputation offering modules, these may sell but are not updated, so break when WHMCS updates.

I had some great modules that worked for years but the developer changed from annual payments to one time payments and not for the last 2 years even though his site is still up and running and selling his modules he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Fraud record is a must. Cancel invoice on termination is also quite useful, but I believe that had been built into whmcs 7.

Cancel invoice on termination is also quite useful

Why!

If i terminate an account i leave any unpaid invoices open as

1) if they try and get hosting again then they would need to pay the outstanding invoices.

2) If they breached our TOS then we leave the invoice open as we pass this onto a debt collection agency and invoices have to be active for this to happen.

FraudRecord is good add-on but its not free anymore it costs money so its not really worth it.

Even when v2 comes out, it'll be free.

Adding to this list, my own stuff (mostly things I developed myself):

User and IP Extended Control
Ban users, logins, admins by country, just allow orders from X country, just allow admin logins from X country, tie IP's directly to admin logins, etc.

WHMCS Notify Extended
Get slack, pushbullet, telegram, hipchat, ryver , pushover, campfire, SMS notifications sent to both staff AND users on a variety of things, and have notifications sent when tickets have been 'idle' too long (dependent on department and status).

Not stuff I developed
WHMCS Licensing Addon

Lara, the OTHER WHMCS admin theme

Fraudrecord as mentioned

You need to know the longevity of those making the addons, you have great companies like Modulesgarden, Zomex, Whmcs Services who just deal in modules and templates and issue regular updates when WHMCS issue new or updated versions.
I'd second this. Make sure you know who you're dealing with, and hey, even if they appear to be offline, send 'em a ticket. There are those of us who just simply don't like forums any more.

Avoid the hell out of Modulesgarden though. These guys are the worst of the worst to work with. Just ask anyone who's ever had to have them solve something urgently. It takes weeks to get something done right

I'd second this. Make sure you know who you're dealing with, and hey, even if they appear to be offline, send 'em a ticket. There are those of us who just simply don't like forums any more.

Avoid the hell out of Modulesgarden though. These guys are the worst of the worst to work with. Just ask anyone who's ever had to have them solve something urgently. It takes weeks to get something done right

But you what i mean Tom as i bet you have seen them too on the WHMCS forum newbies with 1 post and offering modules for sale and then weeks later posts popping up with angry users that have purchased these modules and they dont work and the developer does not reply to them

Yes, the best way is to check the site and see how many modules they did and see they activate on a forum :)

posts popping up with angry users that have purchased these modules and they dont work and the developer does not reply to them
Oh, I'm well aware how "angry" WHMCS users can be, trust me. Even if things do work, they whine and piss and moan about stupid ****, like not passing fraud checks.

Is there any Add-ons for WHMCS you're currently using that you'd recommend?

Curious what other people are using and if it may be suitable for me as well.

we use the one that allow live chat from client and it has helped us earning good reviews from clients. it helps them to get help faster on their queries.

The recent fiasco of whmcsglobalservices made me scared to death regarding 3rd party addons.

This made us create our own in-house modules by hiring a trusted developer time to time.

Right now, we use FraudRecord as the only 3rd party add-on in WHMCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam