Which Provider do you prefer?

I don't know really. RackShack is nice, I admit that.
I love the fact that they include Fantastico and XController free of charge, plus that they actually have a setup fee which is like $100~ lower.

But they are totally unmanaged. I'm no system admin. My job is to run things, I'm great at running business, etc. etc. and it just so happens I like the hosting industry.

Yet the fact is, RackShack is totally unmanaged. They like only do free reboots. This other place in Washington class it all as their business, they upgrade software, they do this, they do that.
I know the RackShack forums are great and all, and are very active - but I don't know.

I'll most likely talk to my financial adviser and see what he says tonight.

I got my self a DV2 server yesterday, a Dual Xeon, seem to be a great server, works fast, they also improved they're router a bit, lets see how will it continue, I'll update ;)

Nice, so they also have Dual Xeon's like Rackshack?
Is it a Dell, or not?

I'm still deciding on who to choose myself - I'm going to talk with my financial adviser tomorrow and also some people who have used Nocster, RackShack and ThePlanet.

I'm still even searching out other places.
I'm looking at all my options, but I'll have to see who is the best to choose.

Just wanted to say, I'm super happy from DV2, no downtimes every day.. like NAC :D

I'm so happy I moved, customers are happy also, and the server is working excellent!

I have a server there, they are good also, but not like NeuTelligent, NeuTelligent are top Level... I'm going back there :)

<< Just wanted to say, I'm super happy from DV2, no downtimes every day.. like NAC :D >>

You had problems with NAC?
I co-lo'd there, but don't like co-location anymore since I think it's way too much hassle, especially with the fact me being in Europe - the reason I want to start renting servers. Yet I never ever had troubles with NAC when I co-lo'd there, did you co-lo direct with them or go through say PWebTech or DedicatedNOW or someone else??

<< I'm so happy I moved, customers are happy also, and the server is working excellent! >>

Well, at least everything turned out for the best. :)

<< ThePlanet has my confident :D >>

Yeah. ThePlanet have a lot of good comments, only I'd be weary since so many people are flocking there. I too would go there, but I don't like the fact their Entry Level Server is only a special, as otherwise it'd be great I think.
But still, be weary since they may have been around since 1994 and have their own datacenters, too many people flocking will cause growing pains - the problems which both Nocster and DedicatedNOW had, only it seems DedNow is trying to fix that by stopping to accept orders.

<< I have a server there, they are good also, but not like NeuTelligent, NeuTelligent are top Level... I'm going back there :) >>

What?! ... I'm confused :confused:
Just now you were saying how you were moving away from Neutelligent - yet now you're going back? .... :confused:

Well, I ment, I have a server with ThePlanet, but going back to NeuTelligent, they are really one of the best, It's just I had a problem with a server there, can't say what happand...

T'sok. ;)

I know you meant that you currently have one at ThePlanet, but you are going back to Neutelligent. No need to clarify. :cool:

Yeah, people are coming up with a lot of nice providers here... maybe we should make a list pretty soon?

Let's see. :)

Anyway... I may go to Neutelligent, Jason just gave me a real great deal which is nice, and I'm looking forward to. So if all works out, then it's great. :D

A lot of people seem to like DedicatedNOW.

I must heart-fully admit though, their brand new line of servers
are just stunning - they are featureful, powerful, and just
amazing for servers. Really good going for DedicatedNOW.

I can see a lot of good business for them in the future from
everybody.

HE is a very good company. They are very stable, and very
reliable. The only problem is, the costs - but as the old saying
goes, you GET what you PAY for.

They are great otherwise, I've never heard a bad thing about 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys