Which Provider do you prefer?

From the list, my vote goes to DedicatedNOW... I have been very satisfied with them.

Also, dont forget TranxactGlobal, they are a great provider!

tranxactglobal/dv2/eservers they are all the same people and yes, every datacenter have issues sometimes :)

Orioli, trust me I know the every datacenter has issues..

I have servers in so many places (ThePlanet, Nocster, DedNOW, Pegasus [DedNOW is a subdivision of Pegasus], NeuTelligent [about to end], RackShack)

<< Orioli, trust me I know the every datacenter has issues.. >>

Well, if you do know that - then why didn't you list DV2(etc. blah) just because they have been recently having issues?? :confused:

Also, you should have had another option to be "Other - State in thread" or something similar, for those who didn't like any of those other datacenters.

Take myself for example. Currently I co-locate in NAC, yet by the end of today I'll know whether or not I'm going to start renting servers from this datacenter in Washington - yet I don't see it's name in that list there. You see what I mean Royi?

<< yup I'm sorry on that :( >>

No need to be sorry, everyone makes mistakes once in a while - after all, none of us are robots. :D

:agree::agree:

Anyway, I got news from the Washington datacenter. It'll be like an extra $115 or so ontop of the setup fee.

I'm not sure though. I like RackShack because they are offering free Fantastico and XController which would be perfect for my clients - I'd never need to buy or use another control panel skin.

See the things to way up are:

--Washington DataCenter--
-Verio, Level(3), UUNet, AT&T, QWest and Sprint bandwidth
-Free Load Balancing
-It's not unmanaged like RackShack
-Not part of the EV1 network

--RackShack--
-Cheaper Setup Fee
-Cheaper Monthly Fee (just by $10)
-Free XController and Fantastico

The above are all the pros. I've no listed any cons though.
I'm not sure, there are more pro's to the Washington DataCenter, yet which would I count as more "needed", as infact "better".... It's a hard and tough decision but one that needs to be made. :(

Actually Royi, where does it say that RackShack gives you XController and Fantastico absolutely free?!?!

I'm curious about that - I went to their site looking for it, yet was unable to find any information at all on it. Is it on their forums?
If so could you please post a link, I'm interested in where it says that.

Thanks Royi, but doesn't that mean it is going to come and isn't here yet?

Like, if I ordered a server now - I wouldn't get it, yet if I ordered another one when it came out I would?

I have not read the whole thread yet obviously, :p
But I'm not sure - if I ordered one now while the deal hasn't been struck, will I still get it once HS makes a deal with that place or not? :confused:

I just finished talkign with Fantastico Creator, I just took like 7 licenses for my own, he told me he already signed a deal with RS.

So, does that mean then if I were to place an order now, I'd receive Fantastico and XController absolutely free?! :confused:

On the forums, it seemed as if it were to be implemented in the future.

Yeah, that's true. I could just go and ask there. :)

What do you think I should choose?
The Washington datacenter has better bandwidth, better support, isn't unmanaged, has free load balancing (you know what that is?) and other cool stuff which RackShack doesn't have. The only thing making me go with RackShack even if I do is the fact it's $100~ cheaper setup fee, and the fact that Fantastico and XController come free.

I've no idea who to go with. I used to be ok paying high setup fees, but only if I got a cheaper monthly. But if I have to pay higher setup fee but same monthly, then what's the point eh?

I'm not sure, I've no idea who to go with.
Looks like I gotta sit down and study the books on this one. :D