Which is best SSL certificate ?

How about Lets Encrypt SSL certificate ?

I personally prefers Comodo's free equivalent but Let's Encrypt should "perform" just as well. Just that I prefer Comodo's over them as I believe people understands them better over Let's Encrypt so it probably slightly easier to sell with it.

I think they are both good options either the Comodo or the Let's Encrypt. I don't think either one has a bad or better side just depends on what you prefer.

I thought that the Comodo ssl's were the most known and common ones to use.

I'd say that Let's Encrypt are more popular now - mainly due to their links with Google. However, they both use 256 bit encryption so there isn't any difference in the way they perform.

We use a paid wildcard certificate from Comodo for our own site and services to gain some trust but we do offer Letsencrypt via cPanel to our web hosting customers

It all depends what you want it for.

Personal websites and blogs then i would say a free SSL from Letsencrypt etc. will do.

A charity or community group website or a website that does not provide a sales platform then i would say a DV SSL certificate (Comodo positive, RapidSSl) will do.

An ecommerce website or a site that takes personal details then i suggest you use an OV or EV SSL certificate

Free SSL Certificates available in the industry will make your website and business look odd if your visitors and customers check what type of certificate you have. And online users do check what SSL certificates are installed on websites because they want to know how the secure website it is and it is safe to create an account on that website or to buy.

Paid Certificate issued by Certificate Authority with following three SSL Certificate validation option: DV SSL, OV SSL and EV SSL with validity period upto 2 years and warranty. While Free Certificate do not include warranty and valid for 90 days.

Free SSL Certificates available in the industry will make your website and business look odd if your visitors and customers check what type of certificate you have. And online users do check what SSL certificates are installed on websites because they want to know how the secure website it is and it is safe to create an account on that website or to buy.

I see your point, however, I cannot fully agree with that. I'd argue that a vast majority of customers online don't even know how to tell if a website runs a secure connection.

Those that are more aware probably care for as long as their transactions are conducted via a secure connection.

Those that check what type of SSL the site runs must be in the singles digits per like 5000 people or more.

PS: Didn't know you can tell whether the SSL certificate you are running is free or not.

PS: Didn't know you can tell whether the SSL certificate you are running is free or not.

Yes if you click the 'secure' next to the URL then click Certificate (valid) it will have something like this

Issued to: Hostingdiscussion.com

Issued by: cPanel, Inc, Certification Authority

Valid From: 07/09/2018 to 07/12/2018

if its a free SSL cert

but a paid SSL will show

Issued to: dog-bedz.co.uk

Issued by: COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

Valid From: 04/07/2018 to 05/07/2019

also sslstoreindia is from The SSL Store who sell SSL certs every day

Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate offers you the below benefits:

High security: With Let's Encrypt SSL certificate you can use the HTTPS protocol throughout your site.

Minimal Managing: You don't need to bother about the task of obtaining and renewing certificates since Let’s Encrypt keeps things simple.

Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO): As per recent Google update, they have asked to purchase the SSL certificate for your site, otherwise your site will be marked as "Not Secure". This means visitors won't come to your site if they see the not secure tag. Therefore, having an SSL certificate installed on your website is essential to improve SEO of your website.

But remember that Let's Encrypt won't be the perfect choice for all websites. So, you need to find the other options too depending on your website's security requirements.

Let’s encrypt is a free , automated, and open ssl certificate. we need to install ssl certificate on web server to start a secure connection with browsers.ssl certificte secure the traffic between web server and web browser. After installation of ssl our website from hhtp to https.

Let’s encrypt is a free , automated, and open ssl certificate. we need to install ssl certificate on web server to start a secure connection with browsers.ssl certificte secure the traffic between web server and web browser. After installation of ssl our website from hhtp to https.

Let’s encrypt is not the best as it offers no validation

It totally depends on requirements. There are three types of SSL Certificates (Like: Domain Validation, Business/Organization Validation, and Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate).

If you have simple Blog/News/static website that is not accepting sensitive information from the users. In this case you should secure your website with Basic certificate called Domain Validation Certificate.
If you have medium level business which is getting moderated traffic, in this case you should consider Business Validation certificate. Website owner has to prove business legal ownership of the business by provide legal documents of the business to get this certificate.
If you are in business of eCommerce, Bank or Financial Institute that is getting huge traffic. In this case you should consider EV SSL. Your website has to pass through strict validation process to get Extended Validation certificate. Website owner has to fulfill with authentication requirements of CAs to get EV SSL Certificate.

SSL from Sectigo recommended for its competitive price range.

I would say Let's encrypt ssl certificate is good. Reason being it is open source and is absolutely free. It is compatible with major browsers.
Why pay when you are getting SSL for Free with same features.