Which dedicated hosting providers are now accepting cryptocurrencies

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Looks like the crypto industry is in a slump right now, with only 14% of financial advisors recommending crypto investments. Stable coin cryptocurrencies appear to be negatively affected by our current inflation woes. I'm curious if accepting cryptocurrencies is more widespread today in this industry or if this downward trend is raising concern?

Any financial advisor who recommends crypto investments should not be working as a financial advisor. I cannot believe 14% of them do so! That's shockingly too many.

Any financial advisor who recommends crypto investments should not be working as a financial advisor. I cannot believe 14% of them do so! That's shockingly too many.
So what is your take on web hosting providers that do accept cryptocurrencies as payment?

I have absolutely nothing against people investing and/or accepting crypto. I think it is risky, but if a company is calculating and offsetting their risks, that's okay. But if a see a hosting company that accepts crypto only, putting their sustainability into question, I'd walk away.

I have absolutely nothing against people investing and/or accepting crypto. I think it is risky, but if a company is calculating and offsetting their risks, that's okay. But if a see a hosting company that accepts crypto only, putting their sustainability into question, I'd walk away.
Exactly. If a company is using a hybrid payment policy, then it is understandable. But if they are just accepting crypto payments, it is difficult for a lot of people to trust their services.

Hello,
We accept payment by credit card and wire transfer, but upon request of some customers we do receive payment in Cryptocurrency. We do not see any illegal situation in this, because all payments are recorded and there is no problem because it is the customer who wants it.

We do also accept Crypto payments on requests. As long as Crypto exists we will accept it. But the transferrable amount should be greater than $100.

We've also been accepting crypto for some time now (years). We've not limited ourselves to it, as we do accept other payment methods, like PayPal or credit card. To be fair, crypto payments are quite alright and depending on the payment processor one uses, you can choose to keep the crypto when received, or immediately convert it. We don't have a minimum or maximum for an invoice to be paid with crypto. However, we charge a processing fee that is stated on the invoice, before making the payment - that kind of covers all the transaction fees we have from transferring crypto to USD in our bank.

I have seen some major hosting providers accept Bitcoin, but it seems like the market is either flat or going down. I rarely see it go up by much. GPU mining is still a thing and can be very fun, albeit not at all profitable.

One thing is accepting crypto and keeping it and the other is converting to currency every week. We have been accepting crypto since 2010, I will admit I do regret converting it to currency though. I still remember the days of sweeping several BTC a week