Which CMS application is best

WordPress
30 million installs very very large theme/plugin industry has been built up around it. It is estimated 21% of all websites currently in the interwebs are WP installs. Which leads to very active development.

Best for what? I would say that each purpose can be served with the right tools and just like web hosting there is no "best overall" but "best" for a certain person and a certain purpose. So in that line of thought I do also think that WordPress is great as a whole, but cannot blindly state its the best, no questions asked :)

Best for what? I would say that each purpose can be served with the right tools and just like web hosting there is no "best overall" but "best" for a certain person and a certain purpose. So in that line of thought I do also think that WordPress is great as a whole, but cannot blindly state its the best, no questions asked :)

I agree. When any of our clients need a cms we very seldom use WP anymore.

I would say that without WP we would have a whole lot less websites on the net now.

I think most of our cms clients use Concrete5.

Yeah, Wordpress is great - but what about joomla and Drupal? Drupal 8.0 is expected to be just an awesome CMS and websitebuilding tool.

Of course, it all depends on one thing - what your website is intended for?

I think in these days joomla is doing well instead of wordpress as joomla designed are more open source means you can edit them easily without having that much difficulty.

I would have to agree that Joomla is a very dominant force for CMS. It was the first one that i learned and am somewhat partial to it. I just find that functionality is more easily extend so that a single website can have several moving parts with little effort required to start. Most of the components or modules are easy to configure and customize if you know where to look. Plus the templates for Joomla are still some of the best out there, while remaining very affordable.

Joomla is the choice for enterprise applications VS WP. Even though there are some large enterprises that use WP. The majority even local gov chooses Joomla.

I think that it is a case of ease to use for small business as they just do not have the resources to throw at Joomla.

Joomla is indeed always a good option but I would say that its peak popularity was a couple of years ago. Right now it has fallen behind WordPress and that can be due to several reasons. The WP development has been going on great and many new features were introduced for that time.

But I think the main separation point between WP and Joomla/Drupal would be the learning curve. Joomla and Drupal may still be the top choices for developers, but for the common man, the Average Joe, user-friendliness is what matters most. Everything is moving very fast and many people don't find the time to sit down and learn something new. They want something super easy, self-explanatory and yet capable of functioning as they want it. This is where WordPress excels and why it has such a large portion of the market share imho. :rolleyes2

WordPress can be used as CMS however you will need appropriate theme as well as you will need to install plugins. Since WordPress is SEO friendly, it is now used for CMS as well.

Other choices are Joomla and Drupal.

WordPress can be used as CMS however you will need appropriate theme as well as you will need to install plugins. Since WordPress is SEO friendly, it is now used for CMS as well.

Other choices are Joomla and Drupal.

Yes you are correct WordPress is no longer just blogger software. I run around 9 WordPress sites for local business and only 2 sites use the blogging feature. All others are just websites.

WordPress
30 million installs very very large theme/plugin industry has been built up around it. It is estimated 21% of all websites currently in the interwebs are WP installs. Which leads to very active development.

Money leads to very active development, luckily they have lots of it :).