Whats the longest you had a reseller account?

BlackStorm

What is the longest you have had a reseller account?
If you have only had the one and are still using it, how long have you had that account?
When do you plan on moving to a dedicated server, if you want to even do that.

Actually have one now, use it for mainly personal use, host a few sites, easier that way, make my own packages, had it for a really long time, many months.

I think 6 months and went through 4 hosts. The last host said I had to many sites and go get a server.

I used one for 6 Days and their Bad Service and Support, they didn't accomplished what they offer on their Website:

-99.9% Uptime Guarantee! (Crap, was only 98%)
-Money Back Guarantee (My $20 Lost via PayPal)

I went to an AMD Athlon XP 1700 for $65/Month. and now I'm moving to a P4 2.4Ghz with HT and with a SSL Certificate to Install Modernbill :)

My Recommendattion... Stay Away from :gun: netmondo :smash:

Have a Nice Day :)

We started with a dedicated server around 2 years ago. Never went the reseller route - something about trusting our business to a stranger just didnt sit well with us :)

Mod, please feel free to remove the post if it is out of the topic and doesn't suit here, as I am not sure

We have many resellers and most of them stay with us longer then 1 year average. We have few resellers being with us more then 3 years and one of them hosting more then 400 web sites.

I have noticed that mostly large (big) accounts are loyal and understanding clients then the small ones. Small ones are the one who switch more frequently and quickly... may be because it is very easy for them to do so.

Large ones usually cancel their accounts within first month (before they actually bring all their sites) but once they have moved completely, they stay for a long time.

We have few resellers being with us more then 3 years and one of them hosting more then 400 web sites.

Do you know why they dont get a dedicated or VPS?
All those sites arent on the one server are they?
They could easily fill up a server of their own with that many accounts, even 2 servers.
You should try get them on a dedicated if you also offer that, maybe a managed ;)

John Diver said:
Do you know why they dont get a dedicated or VPS?
All those sites arent on the one server are they?
They could easily fill up a server of their own with that many accounts, even 2 servers.
You should try get them on a dedicated if you also offer that, maybe a managed ;)

Yes, we have asked him to get a dedicated server (he is even aware of Rackshack and serverbeach) but he doesn't want to spend time/money supporting and managing his clients and servers. Also then he will have to setup mail server, DNS server, database server etc...

He is concentrating on getting more sales and contracts (both from private and govt.) and charging them while we do all the hard works.

He has different accounts on different servers. I have gave the total number of his sites hosted with us.

His accounts are on separate server anyway, which makes easy for us to manage.