What's the benefit of Cloud VPS?

technbyte

Hello,
I'm using a Cloud VPS from a renowned Provider. I need to know that what are the benefits of using a cloud VPS. Is there anyone who can describe me those?

Thanks

Cloud VPS is a regular VPS but with almost 100% uptime. This is possible by having hypervisors (physical servers) read the data from centralized storage system like SAN. This way, if the hypervisor that hosts your VPS has a malfunction and becomes unavailable, your VPS can easily be booted on the another working hypervisor. Thus, you can achieve near if not 100% uptime.

Hello,

To me virtual machines are more flexible than a dedicated server and are often more easy to manage thanks to gui tools.

In a cloud environnement depending on the provider you might have even more possibilities such as :
-Change ressources
-Add advanced network features
-Deploy in multiple locations

Pricing is also different in almost all cloud services.

Last edited:
The main benefits of cloud VPS are:
1) Affordability
2) Scalability
3) Dedicated Resources
4) Reliability
So you have more functions than with shared hosting and at the same time you don`t need to pay a lot as for dedicated server

Thanks for your opinions. I'm trying to setup a Web Hosting Brand. Using a Cloud VPS will be helpful then. Right?

There are a lot of advantages of cloud VPS:-

Maintain closer control of data
Get rid of maintaining different disks.
Get faster backup bandwidth and high-speed network.
Get quick and easy access to important data from almost anywhere in the world.(file sharing)
Allocate resources on an as-needed basis.

Major Advantages of Having Cloud VPS:

Scalability:
SSD storage
Full customization
Automatic failure recovery
Advanced security
Cost-effective

almost nothing.
just the backup thing. And that only works when you already have that FREE Backups options.

Thanks

what is the configuration of the cloud VPS with which you are trying to set a hosting brand , what is your idea of having cloud VPS for hosting websites ?

Thanks for your opinions. I'm trying to setup a Web Hosting Brand. Using a Cloud VPS will be helpful then. Right?

Brand would be all about marketing, VS all the tech advantages of a Cloud VPS, also I assume you mean purchasing hosting based on usage.

Regarding a Web Hosting Brand that can be done with any reliable infrastructure and as noted is all about your marketing, strategy, execution, demographic, services you offer etc.

Web hosting business feasible with VPS server, not cloud servers especially from AWS or Azure ) due to Market competition in prices

Cloud VPS Hosting represents the next generation in web hosting technologies. The cloud infrastructure allows for unparalleled scalability. With the cloud, you can easily scale your CPU power by multiple cores and increase the RAM of your website at an instant. VPS (Virtual Private Server) technology allows your website to be self-contained in a virtualized environment where all resources are dedicated to your website.

I'd like to add that VPS Cloud hosting is not only reliable option, but also a low-cost one. Most providers will let you choose exactly resources you want. No matter whether you need a more powerful server only for an hour or want to increase your hard disk space for a day, you will pay only for resources you use and all of them will be accurately figured out by a system.

the feature i like about cloud is being scalable. you will be able to grow the resources of your server to match the pace of growth of your website so that you are never having to worry about downtime being caused by a lack of resources.

Few benefits which is really important feature of cloud vps.

1. Expensive price.
2. You will think that you have a Cloud VPS and it should run fast but reality can be different.
3. Hourly billing.
4. Easy to terminate and recreate Cloud VPS but with VPS you can only reinstall OS and can't terminate VPS unless your provider do this for you or use some cloud related software which provide feel of cloud vps.

1. Cloud VPS will have the dedicated resources for your account on the server. There won't be any issue with the CPU, RAM on cloud VPS.

2. As it is pay per usage service, you will always notified what is exactly needed for your website, either more HDD or RAM or resources and all will be allocated as per your need. That is why it is low cost and affordable service

3. You can access your server with ease from any location.

4. There is no issue of the data loss on the cloud VPS.

5. Cloud VPS has the in-built multi-tired security provided which do not allow any malicious activity on the server.

Cloud VPS is a regular VPS but with almost 100% uptime. This is possible by having hypervisors (physical servers) read the data from centralized storage system like SAN. This way, if the hypervisor that hosts your VPS has a malfunction and becomes unavailable, your VPS can easily be booted on the another working hypervisor. Thus, you can achieve near if not 100% uptime.

I agree. Such as using VMWare (VMotion) allows your virtual machine to migrate to another host in real time, eliminating downtime. Cloud VPS' are also nice because alot of them scale in real time.

This means if your RAM on your cloud vps is 8gb and you utilize 100% of it, your machine will automatically scale to 10 GB that way your services never go down or cause slowness.

I agree. Such as using VMWare (VMotion) allows your virtual machine to migrate to another host in real time, eliminating downtime.

I would imagine if there no major hardware faults that is possible but what about total failures? Would that only be possible if another "hot" VM is "at the ready" kinda like RAID with drives?

I would imagine if there no major hardware faults that is possible but what about total failures? Would that only be possible if another "hot" VM is "at the ready" kinda like RAID with drives?

VMWare Enterprise Suite allows you to use vmotion in the event of a total hardware failure, as long as your Disk/Data is in a NAS or SAN. If you save all of your Virtual Machines hard disks locally then yes in the event a system board fails, you are out of luck.

Although vmotion with attached SAN or NAS where your hard disks live. You can have a full system board failure from a host, and the Guest (Virtual Machine) will live migrate. You can find the full vmotion_datasheet.pdf by googling it. (Wasn't sure if i could provide the link, sorry :( )

Keep in mind VMWare is expensive over $10,000/year for licensing + infrastructure. I find that the Cisco UCS Chasis work the best for VMWare if any of you are considering this option.

Definition for those who don't know.

NAS - Network Attached Storage
SAN - Storage Area Network

VPS cloud hosting is the best option, especially if you operate online business. High-load sites work fast even with high traffic on your website.