Whats happening with one & one?

Yeah, pity they suck huge ass.

I had a server with them for a while. Didn't last long, let me tell you. Their support is abysmal, and their signup procedure is even more antiquated than EV1's! :)

Don't touch em. Don't go near em. If you see anyone about to sign up with them, go into slo-mo "noooooooooooooooooo" mode, and stop them clicking the "OK" button. :D

Lol kinkamono like the slow mode part ;)
I have heard a lot of bad things about them, Im sure that profit is the only thing they are interested in, I think going with smaller companies for most things is normally better than going with a very large corperation like 1&1

i've also heard alot about 1&1, basically they have takin over the UK markets and decided to launch the US campaign. Well seems like they will rely on getting thousands of customers and keep them satisfied and up for the next 3 years...and then bank on them.....not the kind of quality host i would look for. Usually i would like a host to be with a quality carrier and not a reseller. I'll usually keep those slightly expensive hosts for critical hosting needs, and superb customer service (since it's like one to one). The cheaper hosts i would use for small sites that don't need much.