Whats happening with one & one?

BlackStorm

I have seen a lot of comments of people having problems with one & one recently, even more than normal, I was just wondering what is happening?

there seem to be far more complaints than normal, there must be something thats happening thats causing the complaints to happen so much now.

Are they offering free hosting?I saw an ad somewhere from one & one and i think it had something to do with free hosting not sure though..

I think John is talking about 1&1/1and1/oneandone .com/.co.uk

Well the fact that are giving away 3 years of FREE hosting is kind of crazy but acceptable I guess because they are a well established company operating 2 data centers and they own 2 datacenters which makes it a total of 4. But the fact that they lack one on one customer support :) totally ruins everything. I have seen a lot of complaints about their support team and the way they handle their customers on different forums and I dont think people are willing to take free hosting on this :)

I personally dont have a problem with what they are doing.

Free hosting on 6 or 7 servers means nothing to them. Its just advertising.

I imagine their support wont be great for these accounts, but how can anyone possibly complain - its free !!!

If you need top quality support, dont get a free account.

Just my thoughts...

one and one are supposed to be the best hosting company, but I find that a lot of todays smaller hosts offer better hosting then they do.

I have never heard they are a great company, always saw complaints about them but Im seeing a lot more than usual now.
Maybe it is just because of the free accounts...

I think what Andrew said is true, 6 or 7 servers is nothing to them...and Im sure they are really overselling on those servers as they are probably doing it on the premium servers anyway.
I never really liked the prices of their dedicated servers, I think they offered about 100gb bandwidth for around £70.
That was an ad I saw in a mag but it was a while ago...
Dont flame me if its a lot less than that now ;)

For customer support..I think they should still offer the same support to the free clients because they can afford it but they probably wont get top priority over the paying customers

The only things I've heard about 1&1 is you guys here, and once or twice on WHT, but it has never been good.. poor 1&1 :(

Well...obviously BiG companies cannot afford to have one on one customer support :) or they dont feel like having it because of the profit margin :)

They have millions already Gordy, they are making a lot of money so some people posting negative feedback about them wont really damage their profit ;)

1&1 is all about profit, unlike most small companies that want to offer a good service

Aww yeah icic.. I myself am more into the service, for example, negoiating(can't spell that word) with another company and maybe combining to offer more support and better servers..

That's more then half of Norways population (which is where I live). No wonder their support are having problems.

But their support shouldnt have problems, they have the money to pay for their support so there shouldnt be a problem I dont think...
They can easily afford to have a load of inhouse support reps

I know they can afford to have a load of in housed support reps but then if they support the free hosting customers who will support their paid customers on time? :)

Secondly I believe in the phrase "you get what you pay for". What do you expect in terms of support with free hosting? I mean even YAHOO hosting if you go with their paid packages their support sucks :)

gooooogle said:
one and one are supposed to be the best hosting company, but I find that a lot of todays smaller hosts offer better hosting then they do.
That true gooooogle :)