What you use?

Is there a point to this thread? Your question is also unclear to me. I don't know about the others...

I thought the quation was simple enough - what systems do people use and whats good and bad about each.

For example:
Server Software: cPanel good
Server Software: Plesk, Ensim, etc. Bad.
Billing system - Modern Bill - hard to configure, but good
Billing system - WHM AP - best in general
Billing system - lPanel - customer's seem to like it more, but buggy.
Billing system - host admin - bad, no support from developers

Of course, there would be the whole reasons behind the above statements...but its also all a matter of oppinion. opinion? I can't spell...what time is it?

nocturnalhostin said:
but its also all a matter of oppinion. opinion? I can't spell...what time is it?
Now that is something I can smile about. :thumbsup:

If you similed at that...try this.

One night.

Drank too much.

Accidently typed (on production server, 200+ accounts) as root:

"chmod -R 777 /"

meant to type "chmod -R 777 ./"

Backups - its why they put those erasers on pencils...you know the #2 wooden ones in school that you always had to sharpen and then they broke and you had to sharpen them again (aka, lather, rinse, repeate).

Oh and to keep this on topic - that whole lather rinse repeate thing is the problem with some billing systems like lpanel (e.g., constant updates to run). But, atleast they update their software unlike host admin.

"typos - its why there is the delete key"
"users - its why there is a return policy on comptuers"

I would recommend WHM Autopilot. We have used them for about 3-4 months now, and still a satisfied customer. Just can't wait til' V3 comes out!

We've used many different Control Panels over 7 years. So far, we have settled with CPanel and Ensim. I am liking Plesk more and more.

I was a big fan of Ensim when I first started in the Hosting aspect. But they limit many features, major one was mysql databases (unless that has changed in the last 2-3 years) But, I now use, and sell Cpanel to my clients, easy to use and manage.

We also run WHM, and WHMAP, the Auto Pilot was a big pain at first getting everything to work with eachother, but once you get it done the first time, its easy ;-)

my 2 cents are in

Cpanel is by far my favorite control panel.

WHMAP I think offers the best combination of ease of use and performance as far as billing systems go.