What should a host not do?

crowfield99

Here is a good subject, what should a host not do? The first one I say is not to allow adult sites. That’s only my view though. It would have to have come kind of ID to stop children from viewing them.

I dont think hosts should oversell.
If a client pays for a certain amount of bandwidth/space etc. then they should get what they paid for.

<!--QuoteBegin-crowfield99+Sep 25 2003, 02:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crowfield99 @ Sep 25 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I also do not like hosts who spam you all the time with junk really you don't want to know about. [/b][/quote]
sounds like fortune cities....

If a client pays for a certain amount of bandwidth/space etc. then they should get what they paid for

dont like people who lie about what they can offer, they will only regret it after!

I also do not like hosts who spam you all the time with junk really you don't want to know about.

I have to agree with all three....

The do's and dont's of hosting :

1) DO NOT Offer contracts when you are not a licensed business

2) DO NOT Accept cash as a form of payment (bad policy)

3) DO NOT Oversell

4) DO NOT Under / Overprice (I hate kids that sell **** for $1.50 a month when people who try to make a living off hosting have to sell it for $7.95+. Price your hosting packages so you make money.... not barely scrape cost)

5) DO NOT Break agreements with clients. Put everything in writing and back what you write.

6) DO NOT lie to your clients / potential clients. People wont care if you host the business out of your house... as long as you tell them that and it is a reliable service. Dont lie about owning a bunch of servers.

7) DO keep proper documentation of your clients billing / past support tickets

8) DO make a business plan and try stick to it

9) DO reward yourself occasionally for your hard work. You deserve it.

10) DO your job right the first time. It makes life so much easier for you and your clients. And if you do mess up .... fess up. Mistakes do happen.

<!--QuoteBegin-John Diver+Sep 23 2003, 05:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John Diver @ Sep 23 2003, 05:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I dont think hosts should oversell.
If a client pays for a certain amount of bandwidth/space etc. then they should get what they paid for. [/b][/quote]
That true I hear alot hosting do that . :D

<!--QuoteBegin-XSecure+Oct 13 2003, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XSecure @ Oct 13 2003, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
If a client pays for a certain amount of bandwidth/space etc. then they should get what they paid for

dont like people who lie about what they can offer, they will only regret it after!

I also do not like hosts who spam you all the time with junk really you don't want to know about.

I have to agree with all three.... [/b][/quote]
Me to I agree with all three

I know that as a web host seller I always am honest, Number 1 thing a host has to be. If there is a server down problem, I always tell the client the reason and dont make up some excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft