What payment methods should be accepted?

BlackStorm

What payment methods do you think should be available to customers?
I have paypal and credit card (2checkout)

i think this would cover for most people.
I would also accept cheque and money order if they are paying yearly.

Just thought of another one.. one of my clients was asking if I accepted wire transfers to my bank account.. what you think?

Yeah quite a lot do wire transfer as an alternative to cheque or money order.

Has anyone tried storm pay?
They seem ok but cant be used for UK based transactions and im not sure if you can do credit card payments with them, THINK its just for internet payments.

I had an account with Stormpay.. they closed my account and took the $70+ USD I had in there.. they would not respond to my numerous emails and did not warn me about anything, just one day.. poof.. gone.. and I still have NO clue why.. that's my personal experience with them..

Yeah they are.
I have heard a lot of people saying that happened to them with paypal too.
Those kind of companies also tend to be in favor of the customer and not the seller which can be a bit of a problem

I have had no problems with using Pay Pal at all... One day I would like to use World Pay though but I want to keep my choices open.

I have looked into alot of merchant accounts and I always stick with paypal. They let you accept payments from paypal accounts and all major credit cards and they offer the lowest FEES. Those other merchants charge at least twice of what paypal charges and when customers ask me why I still use paypal that it makes my site look like we are newbies I tell them that paypal offers the lowest rates and I will not pay double for something that is exactly the same. Been using paypal for over 3 years, never had a problem and we don't keep that much money in that account anyway. No more then 100 dollars is kept in the account at a time and the rest is transfered to a regular bank account daily...

Yeah personally I love paypal.. never had a single problem with them *knock on wood* and I will continue to use them for a long while yet :)

Most companies wouldnt accept cheque and money order for less than 6 months, dont know of any that do it for monthly plans anyway.

A lot dont like paypal because they have to have an account there, even if they are just buying from you so although you can use paypal to accept credit cards, people still have to signup at paypal.
You might not think ig but a lot would just leave it if they had to signup with paypal before they can get an account which is why i think its also good to offer an alternative.
I use 2checkout as an alternative even though the fees are a lot more than paypal

I would only accept the 4 major credit cards, paypal and maybe a check depending if I knew who the person was (like a local business or such)

Mastercard, visa, discover, american express.

Accepting Money orders, checks, and wire transfers is just stupid. It takes to much time to setup the transfer, make sure the funds are there, and sometimes there are some rediculous fees that are added on to the account.

If people dont have a credit card or some method of payment to do over the net... then they shouldnt be shopping on the net. They should find a local provider and write them a check monthly.

<!--QuoteBegin-GordyMac+Oct 2 2003, 07:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GordyMac @ Oct 2 2003, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I had an account with Stormpay.. they closed my account and took the $70+ USD I had in there.. they would not respond to my numerous emails and did not warn me about anything, just one day.. poof.. gone.. and I still have NO clue why.. that's my personal experience with them.. [/b][/quote]
I think they on one person team

Actually, about the whole payment thing, I was thinking on accepting money order, cheque (both for at least 3-6 months), cash (for locals only) western union and paypal. I like to offer my clients some choice on how to pay.

I started offering money orders/Western Union yesterday when one of my clients could pay only through Western Union. It is not a bad thing because for Western Union you dont have to pay any fees and when the customer sends the money all they have to tell you is the code and you could pick it up the same day.

<!--QuoteBegin-FastNetServers+Oct 19 2003, 11:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FastNetServers @ Oct 19 2003, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I started offering money orders/Western Union yesterday when one of my clients could pay only through Western Union. It is not a bad thing because for Western Union you dont have to pay any fees and when the customer sends the money all they have to tell you is the code and you could pick it up the same day. [/b][/quote]
That cool maybe I think about that