What other services do you offer?

We offer tons of "ad ons"

1) software (from web browsers to word processors)
2) Web design
3) domain registration

4) Generic phone/ fax numbers
5) Game servers/ streaming media
6) IRC services

For our resellers we also offer a range of platforms starting from £0 to £25 a month.

Some of the services such as streaming/ gaming is down for the moment as Im moving servers.

Nothing but hosting - and just Win2k hosting at that - we like to do one thing really well.
Cheers

We now offer domain registration in addition to our primary focus of virtual & reseller hosting.

We may begin offering managed dedis soon... :)

There is a lot of call for decent Managed Dedicated Servers. It's our main product - we only really do a small amount of shared plans comparatively.

A great book that i would well recommend before getting into managed services is....
"Strategies for Web Hosting and Managed Services" By Doug Kaye

<a href='http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471085782/qid=1028195857/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-1602974-7144017' target='_blank'>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/047...1602974-7144017</a>

It's a seriously good read for anyone in the hosting industry, hosts and clients alike. It's actually aimed at clients but i think its well suited to hosts themselves. I borrowed it from a friend - but i think i'm going to buy a copy now also.

Just a thought...I think some web hosts could benefit by offering other services such as web design.

I was talking to a web host recently and he was telling me how he gets inquiries regarding website design quite often but he turns them down because. He's now considering getting a partner and outsourcing the work to them for a small "finder's fee".

In my opinion, there are many web designers that are struggling and would love to take on this work. Find someone responsible and creative and it could mean some extra cash every now and then.

Offering to outsource web design is a good idea. The only reason I don't think it's a good idea for a host to offer design services onsite is that many potential clients are web designers and would not like to compete with their own host.

True. I've been thinking about approaching web hosts and offering my services to them as an outsourced design partner but my rates would be higher than what they might want to pay for outsourcing.

I've just recently teamed up with a marketing pro and waiting to see how that will go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8