What is Hosting Discussion Policy on AI generated questions and answers

PeterShene

As you can tell from the title I'm not for it. Since I work so much with AI in my job, I've noticed a few members here are definitely using AI to create and respond in threads.

I’m not for it either, Peter. I don’t want to call anyone out personally, but can you share some examples? I have noticed some new members posting a bunch of new topics up front quickly, I wondered if this is to get their post count up.

While I’m not too familiar with it all, does this mean it’s doing the actual posting or they’re copying / pasting?

An announcement about the use of AI generated content tools at HostingDiscussion has been made in March of 2023:

It was also made as part of our Rules:
  • The usage of ChatGPT, any other AI or auto-generated content software for posting on HostingDiscussion is prohibited.
We are a human web hosting community dealing with real human issues, with its own intricacies. The use of AI is prohibited and if you suspect any member or a post, please report it or contact me directly.

As a sidenote, we are a very observant and experienced team when it comes to content moderation, and we have our own private channel where we flag content and bring up members to watch. But it is always possible that we miss something, so please don't be shy to reach out to any of the team members you are most comfortable with.

Back