What does it take to be a hosting reseller?

Re :

Reseller Web Hosting is a good business these days. If you take reseller web hosting account from good Hosting providers, then you can make big money. You also will be able to provide web hosting that support all scripting or application platforms to your end customers with your own brand and your own pricing. You should select a good Reseller Web hosting plan.

How much Disk space You should go ?

How much Bandwidth You should go ?

What would be your Private Name Servers ?

Is it provide Backups ?

This is not the case always, because once you get your clients you will have to provide them support. There you will have to show your technical insight.

I can see that there are different ways of being a hosting reseller. However I get this impression that a reseller just has to be more marketing-oriented rather than technical oriented. Is this correct? If it is, then I might qualify to be a hosting reseller ^_^

It the affiliate program is good ... they will provide everything. That means that you can only focus on finding new customers.
Also if there is some "technical oriented" on the way you will probably have documentation that is easy to learn.

From my experience you don't have something like this. I sell all kind of hosting packages.

It involves a combination of technical support, organizational and managerial skills, marketing, update software, reliable data center and server specs,domain reseller account, software billing system, and as many addons you want to include in the plans and you are willing to expend each month or annual depending how you set up.

yes you are right, because as a reseller you don't need to handle any kind of problem, just you need to ask your host provider to solve the problem.

thats all

You just need work on the packages that you will offer. The support for the same is provided by hosting company (almost all hosting providers provide backend support)

Absolutely correct, because being a reseller, you should not worry to handle server technically because it is the main host who will take care of technical issues completely for you.

its quite simple, but i personaly would go with a reseller and manage your own customers, if you get a reseller, you dont have to really worie about server tech as somebody else does all this for you...

al you have to worrie about is managing your clients, and supporting them if they need help, but even if your not 100% sure aboutt he answer you can alwys get on live support and ask your own host the same question =)

Meteorpages,

I do not think that was nice of you to just blast out about hostgator I for one dislike Host Gator.

Artashes,

My Reply to his was simply, Not to advertise,
and yes I have been with hostgator and had a very bad experience.

To resale you need to know your staff- it's not all marketing. If you go in having never managed a website or worked as support/technical then you'll get lost and sink. If you've done hosting before, managed servers (but don't quite have the time to set them up/money to get them) then reselling is a perfectly reasonable way to get started.