What do you think about when choosing a designer?

BlackStorm

Whats the main things you think about when looking for a designer?

Normally, the main thing to me would be their portfolio and website.

If they had a good portfolio and website then I would look more into them, but I wouldnt think about working with anyone that didnt have examples of their work to show me first.

I think the cost is also important, but not the most important.
I have seen people charging thousands for designs that are so simple even I could do it :D
I think its always wise to think about if what your paying for, is up to quality and you need it.

I would look at quality first, not to mention the price tag as well. I know some companies that charge $2000+ for a web design when they get it for abotu $250 - $350 max. So instead of going with the company that charges $2000 for the design, I go to the designer itself and get is for a lot less :)

I would ask me whether I can do it...I would say yes, because a) I'm great at design, and b) I'm extremely big-headed, and then I'd pop off and do it.

Not really a great help to you though, right? ;)

I wish I could design..by the way I was looking at your website but it was down...you might want to look into that :)

Nope, it's fine...it's because I'm a complete spazz and spelled the URL wrong in my sig! Thanks for pointing it out though.

And while we're on the subject of my site, I know it's not too graphic...I like sites to do what they say and not take an age to load. So, mine loads instantly.

When it works.

:eek: