What addons do you charge for?

Companies nowadays are charging only for the dedicated IP address or management of VPS or Dedicated server etc.

However, you may also charge clients to restore the backup from your backup archives(daily, weekly, monthly).

Companies nowadays are charging only for the dedicated IP address or management of VPS or Dedicated server etc.

Probably because people are sick of "nickel and diming". I honestly rather pay a higher premium and get what I need done. Rather than having to pay for "this", "that", and "this".

Don't forget it also depends if you are selling barebone systems, in which case there is an extra fee for everything: cPanel/WHM, WHMCS, OSs, management, installations, etc.

I thought I replied to this, it must have been a very similar thread on WHT.

I charge for Dedicated IP's, Fast-Track Support & Site Management.

If you are selling VPS and Dedicated servers then unless you have pre configured plans then everything is added as an addon, as the buyer may just want a barebone server.
If you are selling shared and reseller plans than everything is included in the plan price

We charge for dedicated IP's. Not that dedicated IP's are really needed anymore in a shared environment. We also don't offer them publicly any more...

Apart from that, the usual things such as extra space or bandwidth. Paid SSL's from places like Comodo or the Symantec group (sometimes GlobalSign). We still get people wanting those despite Let's Encrypt and AutoSSL being offered on all of our servers.

We charge for dedicated IP's. Not that dedicated IP's are really needed anymore in a shared environment.
True with SNI and AutoSSL and Lets encrypt, but if you speak to SSL providers (not resellers, but the actual CAs) they still prefer a Ded IP for SSL certs as it makes the site more secure.

Site management, dedicated IP, SSL certificate and backup restoration are the services which I used to charge for.

Sometimes we do provide daily backup restoration for free.

If you want to remain competitive you can't really charge for much, i basically just charge based on the number of addon domains and disk space.

so you will pay third parties for IPs, SSL certs, backups etc. but then not pass these charges to clients, doing that you wont be in business long.

As a general rule of thumb, anything that uses a finite resource should be billed. Anything that doesn't use a finite resource (or...in the case of things like IPv6 is infinite in a practical sense) should not be invoiced.

At least that's what I work off of. Obviously different hosts will handle everything differently.

As a general rule of thumb, anything that uses a finite resource should be billed. Anything that doesn't use a finite resource (or...in the case of things like IPv6 is infinite in a practical sense) should not be invoiced.

At least that's what I work off of. Obviously different hosts will handle everything differently.

I work it as if it costs me then i charge clients (i.e. my server provider charges me $1 for an IPv4, so if a clients wants one then i will charge them)

Managed services only. Everything else is added to plans.
We've tried in the past to offer different services as paid addons, but most customers weren't interested in paying for them.

usually dedicated IP. Coz this is most popular now a days.

But there are also more things like SSL certificate, backup restoration etc.

Free of Charge: Daily Backups, 100Gbps DDoS Protection
Optional additional charge: Managed Support, Additional IPv4's, cPanel License etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys