What a customer needs, 1st

Tdore

I've been running a web hosting company for half a year now. In the first 3months customers were signing up every 2 days. We now have a solid base to work from. One idea that works due to the mass feed back, is the CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Responding to a question regardless of what it is, makes a really big difference. Make the effort to service your service b/c they the customer are PAYING FOR IT!!!!!

A satisfied customer might tell a friend or family member about your service. A slow spread of good news will generate new customers. customers=profit

You piss off or rub a possible customer the wrong way, you will not only loose a potential sign up but everyone that hears your name will know that your company is a possible fraud.

Negative news will always travel faster then good news, it's in our nature.

Listen,

Very true indeed. As has been mentioned a number of times, only idiots will shoot themselves in the foot by screwing a customer. I have had a couple of bad experiences and I'm damn sure going to make sure no one I know works with those people ever again.

Taking pride in your work..)

How does a web hosting company advertise good support???

There are so many companies out there that a lot of the really dedicated owners like myself are struggling to gather this "customer support" market. Currently, I am seeaking out customers on a 1 to 1 basis. Letting them know that they will be answered. I've contacted 20 and 12 have signed up, mine you some took 3 to 4 emails. In the end, I think this will be a trend for marketing your web hosting accounts. Think of it like this : why do people buy their electronics from well known distributors (Future shop, Best buy, Radio shack)?????

Why don't they buy from anyone???

All web hosting companies sell the same service. I believe it is the extra perks on the side that customers today are looking for.

- There are more services then ever, but what will divide the
rest from the best.

Tdore

"I've been running a web hosting company for half a year now. In the first 3months customers were signing up every 2 days"

Wish I can say the same ppl come and look at our packages say that they are going to to purchase an plan and they end up on an free plan and usally the free users tend to upgrade.

Ya pal, you'r absolutely experienced, I must admit, and support your theory that costomers first, check the services and support specially before combining to bigger plans and packages.
According to me..a few days of trial verison, or a paid but money back guarantee can be prepared, but then it has it's own drawback.
Some system like this should be persistant.
Also, a very basic concept that I mentioned, the support, has to be acurately tech and cultured....I myself have worked with a hosting company support for a couple of years, and know for sure what a good costomer support can do..I remember instances, where the flaws with the hosting system, could be covered by just technical applications..and saving a potential costomer loss to the company....
Nothing imp..just reminding a factor in costomer satisfaction....

Last edited:
We have been in business a year and a half now. Our top of the line support is why we have done so good, its why we have broke records. Support is everything.

jmweb said:
We have been in business a year and a half now. Our top of the line support is why we have done so good, its why we have broke records. Support is everything.
I have seen your prices, and they look wuite beautiful too, good to know you'r progresing, cause there arises a question if you dont...good prices+good support+highest possible uptime = a very satisfied costomer.

Keep it up, great job. ( sorry guys...nothing private, but I liked the pase they r moving)

Tdore said:
How does a web hosting company advertise good support???

There are so many companies out there that a lot of the really dedicated owners like myself are struggling to gather this "customer support" market. Currently, I am seeaking out customers on a 1 to 1 basis. Letting them know that they will be answered. I've contacted 20 and 12 have signed up, mine you some took 3 to 4 emails. In the end, I think this will be a trend for marketing your web hosting accounts. Think of it like this : why do people buy their electronics from well known distributors (Future shop, Best buy, Radio shack)?????

Why don't they buy from anyone???

All web hosting companies sell the same service. I believe it is the extra perks on the side that customers today are looking for.

- There are more services then ever, but what will divide the
rest from the best.

Tdore
How do you contact customers 1 on 1 without being considered spam