web hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle531

I know a few hosting services that their uptime is great all year around,these hosts are not known to to many people but they are terrific
i will not name any companies here,i like dependable hosting,not like 1 and 1 and godaddy to many problems on their server i'm sure they over load their servers.

I know a few hosting services that their uptime is great all year around,these hosts are not known to to many people but they are terrific
i will not name any companies here,i like dependable hosting,not like 1 and 1 and godaddy to many problems on their server i'm sure they over load their servers.

Have you actually had any hosting with either of those providers? And if so, what issues did you encounter (and how long ago?)

Most providers uptimes now are typically outstanding. Do you have hosting plans with the providers you say are dependable and not known? And if so, how long have you been with them?

not like 1 and 1 and godaddy to many problems on their server i'm sure they over load their servers.

A lot of hosts overload servers these days, but a lot of server issues especially with shared and reseller hosting are down to other clients on servers rather than the server provider.

It is all down to how hosts deal with issues. smaller hosts will tend to deal with support issues from in house as they will have a small team of agents or even just be a 1 man band, but larger companies like 1&1 , Godaddy will have hundreds of agents all over the world in call centres.

A lot of hosts overload servers these days, but a lot of server issues especially with shared and reseller hosting are down to other clients on servers rather than the server provider.

It is all down to how hosts deal with issues. smaller hosts will tend to deal with support issues from in house as they will have a small team of agents or even just be a 1 man band, but larger companies like 1&1 , Godaddy will have hundreds of agents all over the world in call centres.

And yet, even with all those support agents, my experience with GoDaddy support has been horrendous. I can't even count how many times I've been working on a site and got the message (under maintenance) from them when attempting to update a page OR waited for what seemed like forever for anything to update (but that's just me). I cringe when someone asks me to help them with their site and it's hosted with GoDaddy.

And yet, even with all those support agents, my experience with GoDaddy support has been horrendous. I can't even count how many times I've been working on a site and got the message (under maintenance) from them when attempting to update a page OR waited for what seemed like forever for anything to update (but that's just me). I cringe when someone asks me to help them with their site and it's hosted with GoDaddy.
Yes too many outsourced untrained agents, who dont have a clue.

i had many issues when i had clients moving away from godaddy to host with me, although i found 1&1 even worse than godaddy.

I have been using both small host and big host in USA. I prefer the support of a smaller host . From my experience, the service you receive is better. For larger hosting provider, sometimes it depends on your luck. If the system assign you to an outsourced untrained agents then it would be your bad day. But it is not a good idea to choose a hosting provider that is too small or has just been operating in business for a small period as the support team can lack competent support.

Just make sure, whoever you pick, to do your homework. Web hosting is kinda like going on a job interview.. "its all about being at the right place at the right time." just because 50 other people may have bad experiences, doesn't mean you will.

Every big provider was once small :).
If you need flexibility and dedication, you should always give a chance to smaller providers, as they will care more about you, I mean actually care.

Both izumi777 and Ultronlent6, made a good points as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.