VPS Software

Lubby

For those that have used VPS software either as a host or end user what do you recommend?

I have been told Virtuozzo is the cream of the crop but it seems very very expensive to start out with. FreeVPS is also recommended now and then and is obviously free but lacks many of the features. Would love some ideas.

hometown said:
For those that have used VPS software either as a host or end user what do you recommend?

I have been told Virtuozzo is the cream of the crop but it seems very very expensive to start out with. FreeVPS is also recommended now and then and is obviously free but lacks many of the features. Would love some ideas.
Hi HomeTown,

We've tried to have Virtuozzo and I must say, it does come with tonz of options, sure it is a little expensive, but like I say, you pay for what you ask for. Many features included, and very easy into setting up if you got the experience and knowledge of understanding.

Regading the price part, sure little bit expensive, but you have more than one option of paying for the license, monthly or one time.

Our market wasn't really running towards VPS, so we pulled a plug on Virtuozzo, I would say give it a try and compare the two. (Virtuozzo and FreeVPS). Pictures and specifications dont always tell the whole story, until you try and run the thing. :)

Hope it helped. :)

We use Virtuozzo, and so far have been very impressed with it. We have also tried the VPS in hsphere which seems to be a bit more buggy. Virtuozzo has a bit moree of a learning curve, as it has so many options available.

Virtuozzo is certainly an amazing piece of software, allowing this not too familiar with SSH to perform certain features within a user friendly interface.... Definately gets the thumbs up from me. :)