Video Marketing in the Hosting Industry

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
I'm a strong believer in video marketing. With video marketing, it's possible to touch as many of your prospects senses as possible – sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. What's your take on this as it pertains to the hosting industry?

Hi, I made a youtube video like 2.5 years ago and it had 3k views with little to no advertising of said video ~ Pretty sure I got a couple of sales from it too !
I think it's good as YouTube is a very popular social media platform and someone reading about web hosting guides etc may get your video in their feed eventually :)

Hi, I made a youtube video like 2.5 years ago and it had 3k views with little to no advertising of said video ~ Pretty sure I got a couple of sales from it too !
I think it's good as YouTube is a very popular social media platform and someone reading about web hosting guides etc may get your video in their feed eventually :)

My take is why leave anything on the table for your competition? If video works for you, then more power to you. I'm a big fan of video, even in this industry.

I made a marketing video a long time ago. It was time consuming but it was worth. I got a number of purchases from it.

Also, for hosting industry, making a tutorial video would be nice for your customers. If your customers like it they might share it. This might help promoting your web hosting company.

Video is probably one of the easiest marketing channels to expand upon. The nice thing about it, especially when using YouTube is that it doesn't have to be a professional 4K video production to provide value to users.

Some of you may remember about 6 or 7 months ago that I made a video showing the SiteGround control panel. It was about 10 minutes, took me about an hour of recording and editing and screenshots (maybe more?)

Today, that video still gets a few views per week. Heck if you go to google and search "youtube siteground control panel" you'll find my video near the top of the page :)

If I was a hosting company, this would be an awesome spot to be in. I'm not selling anything in the video, it doesn't do much to attract my type of customer, but it's a ranking none the less. That video then influences the other videos on the channel which DO help my overall business.

Many years ago, I created dozens of videos on how to use the cPanel system for every possible aspect. I still create videos regarding WordPress (as that's the area we do most of our work). If you're not doing video, you're missing out.

Sure a few dozen views per week doesn't seem like much, and when you look at others with thousands of videos it can be disheartening, but at the end of the day, it was a dozen more views that I wouldn't have gotten exposure to!