Using a Forum as a support

Forums are very hard to maintain and keep active. I've tried this in the past but soon enough spam takes over and getting rid of it takes more time than the benefit of keeping the forum.

Forums are very hard to maintain and keep active. I've tried this in the past but soon enough spam takes over and getting rid of it takes more time than the benefit of keeping the forum.

yes I agree. I set up a forum etc. using Dolphin as it gives more that just a basic forum. I have a few members and it was good then the spam bots found it and on average 30 spam signups per day, which took time to remove and block the IPs, so i decided to take it down.

Forum support is not a good idea imho.Better to have support system properly setup.Managing forum,preventing spams,hacks etc is difficult.

Yeah, generally I would stay away from forums for support uses. If you are having discussions for various technology related things from time to time or something, that would be great and would work wonderfully, but not for technical support and troubleshooting. Use a ticket system and/or email for something like this.