unlimited parked domains

urka

Account Disabled
What do you think if it's o'k when the company offers unlimited parked domains in their reseller package plans?
No subdomains.
I'm talking about sharkspace.com reselling.
Are there any limits in reality on the amount of parked domains?

Of course, there is a limit.If you create more parked domains than your diskspace limit allows, then your account may be closed for the server resources overuse.So be cafeful when you see the unlimited number of domains in the hosting package, it is like a trick to attack new customers :)

There are also few drawback in terms of SEO for main domain name and the parked domain which points to the same site as the main domain.

There are also few drawback in terms of SEO for main domain name and the parked domain which points to the same site as the main domain.
Yes that is drawback if you get reseller account for own needs. but if you get that to resell that is ok.

Do you really require the unlimited park domains.
I think you should be choosing the package that suit to you and not being track by this type of promotion.

Do you really require the unlimited park domains.
I think you should be choosing the package that suit to you and not being track by this type of promotion.
He has forund whatv he has beel looking for. Some companies are readdy to offer what people what just to be found ;)

Unlimited is a myth ther is always a limit
If you are not limited with domain names you as rule is limited with space and bandwidth and you for sure will be able to have only limited number of domain names.
That is trick not myth

Well it is all over now a days. I can see several hosts selling plans saying,

(1)Unlimited Storage
(2)Unlimited Bandwidth
(3)Unlimited Email Accounts
(4)Unlimited Addon Domains
(5)Unlimited Databases
etc

This is very common. But I believe this is only to convince customer to take decision in their favor. Obviously nothing is unlimited. There are limits that even hosting company has to face. But usually those limits are not easily reachable hence it is counted as Unlimited.

I must say these are marketing tricks. They are not deceiving but trying to market their products as best as they can.

Well, having a package with unlimited everything doesnt mean your gunna get it...When you see a host offering Unlimited space and bandwidth, that tells you to run away. But, unlimited domains, add-ons, etc, that is something you can get, just watch what resources it uses. Also, as someone said above, you wouldnt have unlimited domains with you lol

When web host say they are offering unlimited subdomains, park domains, email addresses and etc, the only thing that limits you is the diskspace you have within your account.

The DNS daemon will probably hog all the resources reading all those zone files before the server runs out of disk space. Unless the host uses multipie DNS servers to share the load.

Unlimited parked domains shouldn't pose a problem so long as you stay within your alloted resources. If you happen to exceed them, the worst that'll happen is that you won't be able to add any more parked domains to your account. :) Most hosts do offer this feature because it doesn't cost them anything to let you and others create any number of parked domains. They actually stand to gain from it because if you reach your space quota, you'll need to upgrade to be able to continue adding more parked domains. Having said that, not sure if anyone would need 100s of parked domains anyway. It's just a way of saying you're free to create as many as you like and not just 1, 2, or 10. Somewhat like the all you can eat offer at restaurants.