United Kingdom Support Issue

Bullten

Somebody tell me why companies or individual people running business online in United kingdom are bad in support or fails to provide what is exactly needed. I had business with many in past and present they immense bad in support.

The people running business in USA are having good support for the product and also entertain client in mannered way.

So are business in UK ran by some school guy or freelancers who goes to company for a job and then sit infrom of computer for 2-3 hours to manage support service

Somebody tell me why companies or individual people running business online in United kingdom are bad in support or fails to provide what is exactly needed. I had business with many in past and present they immense bad in support.

The people running business in USA are having good support for the product and also entertain client in mannered way.

So are business in UK ran by some school guy or freelancers who goes to company for a job and then sit infrom of computer for 2-3 hours to manage support service

blame the system in the UK, too many who are unemployed getting approx. £40GBP a week benefits to run a house and feed family find these cheap hosting /ecommerce deals on certain auction sites but all they are after is your money and not bothered about customer care so they set these sites up knowing nothing of what they are suposed to do.

I'm sorry but that is bit of a generalization. Customer support and care are very important and are taken very seriously in the vast majority of companies all over the UK and I susspect, most other countries throught the world

I have no doubt that there are a few bad eggs out there as I susspect there are in all countries and you may have just been unlucky in the past but it's a bit unfair to tar everyone with the same brush. It's just about chosing the right company :)

what about clients that also provide abuse etc. to support staff. so its not just the minority of companies worldwide that offer bad support.

also look at some auction sites where you have what i call kiddie hosts offering unlimited reseller hosting for $5 a year when us genuine hosts are trying to run legit businesses

Last edited:
This is absurd.
To make a general statement that online companies in the UK provide bad service and companies in the US provide good service is just silly and without any basis.

To suggest that it is because UK online businesses are run by kiddies or that they are run by the unemployed and the poor and they don't give a crap about customer service is blatant ignorance and very very insulting.

Yep, I'm with the guys here on this one, a blanket statement, or even saying "the majority" is pretty inaccurate. Don't get me wrong, we have dealt with a few dozen companies that are not worth the business card they print, but that's all part of finding the right match for your own needs. I can definitely say that there are several dozen companies in the US that I'll never do business with again and that includes everything from technology companies to fast food places.

While you may have had a bad run with companies in your experience, making such a generalization is pretty brash. We have hired several employees in both the UK and Ireland over the years and have been very happy, but again, it all depends on what you're looking for, what you're paying, and what you expect out of the deal. Whether you use a company in the US, Mexico, Canada, UK, India, China or Russia, each country, just like individual people themselves, can put out some really excellent products and support people, and each of them can also put out lower grade results. It all depends on what you're looking for, how much you're paying and what you expect.

blame the system in the UK, too many who are unemployed getting approx. £40GBP a week benefits to run a house and feed family find these cheap hosting /ecommerce deals on certain auction sites but all they are after is your money and not bothered about customer care so they set these sites up knowing nothing of what they are suposed to do.

Blame the system in the UK? :uhh:

£56 per week JSA, up to £280 a month housing benefit, hell lets all quit work now.

It's nothing to do with that at all, never.

I started based on a passion and still work because of it, money isn't an issue never has been.
I am UK based, I just think that statement is ridiculous.

Blame the system in the UK? :uhh:

£56 per week JSA, up to £280 a month housing benefit, hell lets all quit work now.

It's nothing to do with that at all, never.

I started based on a passion and still work because of it, money isn't an issue never has been.
I am UK based, I just think that statement is ridiculous.

maybe not for you, but i bet a lot of online businesses are run due to this, to make extra income.

I am also UK based. does not say you are getting JSA you will also get housing benefit

maybe not for you, but i bet a lot of online businesses are run due to this, to make extra income.

I am also UK based. does not say you are getting JSA you will also get housing benefit

Possibly but still, I hate the fact you brand it as a UK thing.

I still think your post was stupid and ridiculous - Branding your own country with that brush, pfft.

If you have somewhere to live you will get Housing benifit.

If you have somewhere to live you will get Housing benifit.

no this is not how it works.

if you live with parents/relatives you wont get housing benefit.
If you live in your own house, you are more likely not to qualify for housing benefit
If you have other state benefits and the income is above a certain amount you wont qualify for housing benefits.

i have been in the hosting game since 1999 and i have also spend several years in the volunteer sector with agencies that help the umemployed and i have seen many cases where those on JSA have set up ecommerce sites for extra income without any knowledge and as soon as thing start going wrong or they have to deal direct with customers they bail and take down their site.
due to this with the help of a local college i set up a free course for the local unemployed to teach them on how to setup and run ecommerce sites or any online business and deal with customers

Which web hosts have you had bad support from?

Different regions and countries all have different expectations regarding support. What may be considered poor support in one place, may be accepted as great support by others.

I haven't experienced anything myself personally to brand a single country as offering bad support but do notice differences. You can experience good/bad support in all fields, industries, business and so on.

no this is not how it works.

if you live with parents/relatives you wont get housing benefit.
If you live in your own house, you are more likely not to qualify for housing benefit
If you have other state benefits and the income is above a certain amount you wont qualify for housing benefits.

i have been in the hosting game since 1999 and i have also spend several years in the volunteer sector with agencies that help the umemployed and i have seen many cases where those on JSA have set up ecommerce sites for extra income without any knowledge and as soon as thing start going wrong or they have to deal direct with customers they bail and take down their site.
due to this with the help of a local college i set up a free course for the local unemployed to teach them on how to setup and run ecommerce sites or any online business and deal with customers

So many cases.

Still this backs nothing, it's branding the UK as a whole as having bad support, your reasoning behind one person having an issue with most likely one Company, is blame most of the UK.

I am sure in several other countries this happens, even USA.
No matter where you are, you can get bad support and runners, it's life.

But just because a few people on JSA run away from what they setup, does not make the UK prone to it.

Housing benefit is obviously not going to be given if you live with parents or own a house, makes real sense.

Now renting, room renting and so forth you will get it.
I know how it works, you don't need to tell me, I have seen and known plenty of people on it.

For me, the things that would be going wrong would most likely be finances, and from what I know and see, there is no reason to have a big struggle.
Hell, the UK benefits system when it pays you, can be very nice.
At a young age you can be getting £504 a month, renting a house and on JSA.
So frankly - There is ample amount there to live comfortably and run a business.

So, £40 a week to run a house and feed a family?
I must laugh, you get plenty more per child you have, hence the young women getting pregnant on purpose!
So as a single person, 'running a house' to which most likely someone on JSA will not own, and as you put it they are running their own house not living with parents, will have roughly £126 a week for bills, food and rent etc.

There is a total flaw in your post + Just because someone is not that 'well off' means diddly squat.
I couldn't care how long you have been in the industry, it makes no difference.
We cannot blame a country nor judge what someone will do depending on how 'wealthy' they are.

Sorry to rant but you have no valid evidence, no real backing to your posts. Just a few things you have seen and a few idiots you met through your life who have no intelligence, if they are running away from responsibilities.

I think we can all agree that it can happen all over the world, not just the UK.

i have been in the hosting game since 1999

We started trading early 2000 as The Ink Shop, offering affording Ink Cartridges online, at the same time we were selling toys from local markets and country shows, late 2000 we decided to set up a website to sell toys online. This was successful, both our ink site and toy site were hosted on standard cpanel hosting plans. Mid 2001 our host offered us a reseller account where we could managed both our sites from one account, which we accepted, shortly after this we offered to host a site for another market trader for a small fee.

Maybe need to modify that then.

Unless there is more to it.

Last edited:
Which web hosts have you had bad support from?

I am not talking about web hosting. I had other services in past and in present and the support was not up to the mark. What I had in my mind from few months I posted that. It was not intend to hurt someone's feelings.

I think we can all agree that it can happen all over the world, not just the UK.
i only mention UK as this was mentioned before me and yes this wqill happen in many countries

We started trading early 2000 as The Ink Shop, offering affording Ink Cartridges online, at the same time we were selling toys from local markets and country shows, late 2000 we decided to set up a website to sell toys online. This was successful, both our ink site and toy site were hosted on standard cpanel hosting plans. Mid 2001 our host offered us a reseller account where we could managed both our sites from one account, which we accepted, shortly after this we offered to host a site for another market trader for a small fee.

This is being worked on to make it more consise, but it was dec. 1999 whan i started.