TSM 2.0 Beta testers

turnkey

Ok, The Source Matrix is looking for 1 or 2 beta testers.

This is for TSM 2.0 Retail (We might have a very large DC market this program)

What the beta tester will get is a free copy and free upgrades in the 2.x series. 2.x will be around for a while. 1.0 and 1.2 was a learning curve.

New features:

* Admin panel in WHM
* Two questions asked and automatic installs
1 Question is a security challenge :)
* Download link secured by MD5 and will be unique for each person who downloads (something I have to work on)

The only time you have to go to shell is to extract the installer, everything else is automatic from that point.

There will be automatic add-on script installations,click of the button.

Automatic core file updates

Automatic current script updates with a link for the user to update there installed programs.

Stats on who is using the software

About 15 - 30 more scripts will be added before release.

There is not a set price yet but will be competative with the other 2 paid programs.

If you would like to Beta test you have to commit to posting feedback EVERY day (M-F) at least.

This will probally be one of the best programs I have ever written. My notebook is getting full of neat little tricks.

If you would like to Beta test please email robert@techknow.com

Remember on 1 or 2 people will be allowed to be a beta tester.

Robert, do people have to do beta testing everyday for the whole time the program is out?
There couldnt be that many things to test out that could be reported everyday I dont think.

I have a project which is well over a year old now and a lot of days no new bugs would be reported even if new things were added or things were changed etc. so it might be hard to work out if someone just isnt finding any bugs or if there is none, would there be any other way that a beta tester could be doing it instead of testing mon-friday, normally I could get a full program tested in a few days even if its very complex and then just test each time an update is out.

Dont know if I will be able to do this but just think it would be good to know incase you do still need someone :)

John,

Well, probally every day is too much but the main thing is when I write a new module (section) of the program I want to have it tested within 24 hrs so I can keep on a good schedule. Also, there will be more then just the code to test, there will be how it looks once the graphics team makes it proper and checking out what the technical writter will be doing. Other then that, the cPanel part is very stable but the new code is mainly in WHM now and that is the part that is a little trickey. For example, it took me all day yeasterday to get remote updates working. The cool feature about this is if you wanted to hack the code my updates will not destroy what you did. In fact, it will take your file A and compare it to my file B and take the difference. Then it will take the difference and apply it to your file A. This is how the updates work. There will be a lot more then that but a start. Again, this is stuff I have never done before and pretty much researching then appling the code as I write it. So, there will probally be a lot of minor bugs until the WHM part becomes stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch