Trusted TLD trading platforms?

zalvis

Hi community,
I have some old domains age 10+ years and would like to sell them off after holding for a decade.

So what the some major and trusted platforms to sell unused old domains? Please don't just recommend by Googling some random companies. I want personal experience, insights, feedbacks.

I sold one (cdncomparison dot com) on Sedo a few years back and the process was very straightforward. I've sold some through the marketplace on Namesilo (tho the names of the domains escape me right now) and again, not super complex. I found the Namesilo marketplace trending lower on the average purchase price. I've bought through Namesilo marketplace but never through Sedo.

It depends on the domain. If it is a regular domain of low/medium value, Dan.com is a nice platform. If the name is premium, then depending on how premium it is, there are specialty firms like Brand Bucket that do a decent job pushing names of high value. Dan.com has a nice range in general, so I'd suggest trying there first.

Otherwise I would choose either Hostinger or NameCheap. Both are great.

I would never touch Namecheap and Spaceship.com (same team) for anything ever again. Their team openly discriminates based on nationality, like they did with me. Not that their service has been stellar to begin with, but now it is plain dangerous and untrustworthy. If wind changes direction, it could be someone else they would mistreat and/or discriminate against. Can't trust a service that's worried more about politics than they are about their own business.

It depends on the domain. If it is a regular domain of low/medium value, Dan.com is a nice platform. If the name is premium, then depending on how premium it is, there are specialty firms like Brand Bucket that do a decent job pushing names of high value. Dan.com has a nice range in general, so I'd suggest trying there first.

I would never touch Namecheap and Spaceship.com (same team) for anything ever again. Their team openly discriminates based on nationality, like they did with me. Not that their service has been stellar to begin with, but now it is plain dangerous and untrustworthy. If wind changes direction, it could be someone else they would mistreat and/or discriminate against. Can't trust a service that's worried more about politics than they are about their own business.
That is awful. I've just been reading about this.
I'm guessing they deactivated your domains/hosting accounts?
I hope you were able to recover.

That is awful. I've just been reading about this.
I'm guessing they deactivated your domains/hosting accounts?
I hope you were able to recover.
Like some other companies, they decided to refuse business to Russians. Only based on the fact that they are Russian. It's a popular "note of protest" as of recent few years, which undermines all kind of democratic freedoms and human rights the collective west has been preaching about all this time. But they were totally okay with me keeping the service as a Canadian citizen. It means I am only half-good as a person, and the good half can continue to do business with them.

Thank you, but no. I held a sizeable portfolio of domains with them. Moved all of it out and didn't look back.

Like some other companies, they decided to refuse business to Russians.
Yes, this is bad.
But they were totally okay with me keeping the service as a Canadian citizen.
If I were in your shoes I still wouldn't trust them.
It means I am only half-good as a person, and the good half can continue to do business with them.
Disgraceful. I believe that providers such as NameCheap should be supporting globally.
Moved all of it out and didn't look back.
Good. Once again, if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing.
I'm glad you moved providers and got everything sorted.

Back