Thinking to provide VPS to My Cients

Bullten

Hello Friends,

I am thinking to start providng VPS service to the clients. Using OPENVZ its virtualization will be done. Below is the basic specification I will set.

Core - 1
Ram - 1GB
HDD - 100gb
Vz - OpenVZ
Price - 5$ a month

Management of the vps is possible thru our client panel.

Wondering , would that be best porssible price for the clients or you guys have suggestions on that part?

1GB RAM for $5/mo woo, i wounder who will be able to pay for this where there hosts over the marketplaces selling cheaper rates than that. Good luck to vps service.

Fair price. I'm on the verge of saying it's probably a little too low for those specs. You'd still probably sell that plan at 50GB HDD and 1GB RAM at $5/mo. What bandwidth do you plan on offering with that plan?

Best advice I can offer is do some market research. Look at what other company's are offering those specs at and work from that. Remember, you're just starting out providing the VPS service so competitive prices will bring in the clients providing you advertise in the right places.

I wish you luck :).

I think if you can provide SSD drives within that package replacing HDD drive and same price then it would be the best deals you are providing to your customers.

Hi,

I think the configuration you have set could be good for beginning. You may have to alter those based on the request you get, as you have lot of competition in this section.

Provide a free backup if possible to attract the clients.

Provide a free backup if possible to attract the clients.

You should be making daily backups as a matter of course to an external backup server or another VPS for you own security. It is then up to you if you provide these to your clients.

Place something like cpremote on your server, which would also provide a link on clients cpanel, so they have access to backups created

One core would show your not a serious vps provider so do not post that for your offer. You should have a dedi with 4 to 8 or more if your budget is willing. like others posted match your competitors offers then give discounts to start up like second month free. Hope this helps

In all honesty, its just not plausible to offer those sort of specs at those rates. You'll be loosing out on income that would tremendously help boost up the service and provide additional addons to service like free hardware firewalls and even cut the amount of capital you have to operate a sustainable support team.

$5 for 1GB RAM doesn't really sounds realistic, unless you rent your servers from a company like OVH. You should also try to get RAID10 instead of RAID1.
@Bacloud No, most VPS providers don't use SSDs.

+1 I would say offer the same price with around 5GB of SSD space, it's a bit low but makes the option to upgrade easier.:)

Make it optional :) Clients can opt for which one they prefer during the signup process.

How much is full server management going to cost in your client area? This would include a control panel, right? Like cPanel?

How much is it going to cost YOU to launch and run each one of these VPS servers? Hopefully you have calculated that to know how well you will survive on a $5 per month VPS package with that spec.

It is totally up to you of the price you set (which will play a factor in the type of customers you will get) though you don't have to be the cheapest guy on the block to generate sales. We sell lots of our VPSClass Lite (unmanaged) package which offers 20GB disk space, 1GB ram, 2 CPU cores, 1 IP and sells for $30 per month down to $20 if pre-paid annually.

Our next package VPSClass (fully managed) includes all the additional benefits such as cPanel, WHMCS license etc. and is fully managed. This sells from $40 pre-paid up to $50 monthly - Maybe it'll be better if you opted this route instead of the unmanaged package? Yes, your operating costs per server would be significantly higher but then so would your profits comparing to a $5 per month VPS package of that spec.

That being said, none of our servers are OpenVZ like you plan to run.

Last edited:
The most valuable negative reviews are the ones that portray both sides of the pictures because they are unlikely to be biased as they can see the good and the bad unlike the ones that are just really pissed at a particular host because they made one or two mistakes.