The trick is !?!?

Tdore

Like many games out there in the world, the trick is to find out how to win the game. This game I talk about is," Web Hosting vs Re-selling". Last month i had a customer sign up and everything went well for 3-4 weeks, but the following week was a DISASTER!!!. This customer decided to setup 550 domain names in 1 week and then kept continuously asking the same question. I didn't mine answering the same question 3 times, the forth time i asked him a question, " Why don't you grab a re-selling package given the amount of time and effort you spend setting up all these domain names". Sure enough, the following week this customer did upgrade and now is asking more questions.

This customer now has a dedicated server.

From a simple user account to a full blown dedicated server. It pays to help your customers out with simple (unrelated) questions. By answering and keeping Ntouch, I had not only taught this customer the in's and out's of the web hosting world, but introduced a concept that is now making him money.

- Give man a fish and he will eat for a week. Teach him
how to fish so he can eat for life.

Keeping Ntouch,

Tdore

"This customer decided to setup 550 domain names in 1 week"

Seems to me like he was an reseller but did not want to admin it.

True...

This customer had an idea and thought that by setting up similar domain names that traffic would be generated to his main website. At least that's what I gathered from the emails sent, but by directing him to the right resources rather then explaining all the details he was able to run his operation. I don't know if it is working.

It had something to do with out sourcing industrial cutting tools to suppliers within his region, possibly the world. I'm paying special attention to this customer to see what will result from some of his far fetched ideas, but if it works for him. Our company will benefit.

Thanks for the reply,

heh. One of those slick customers when you are not looking they stream warez and crap I have had about 3 of em.

Watching

"I'm paying special attention to this customer to see what will result from some of his far fetched ideas..."

I have this customer on alert, If any problems occur he/she will be shut down and refunded for remainder of the month. The info that has been obtained (All Legal) is enough to snuff him of the serious web hosting industry. Cheap hosting lacks support!!

"Cheap hosting lacks support!!"

- respond to this if you have difference of opinion

I worry about the "really cheap" hosting companies that may not know about this information. I only know b/c of the contacts and research that is gathered daily.

- Pay close attention to all activity daily, Down time will destroy
your dream