The Return of the Admin

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

I owe you all an apology. The last four months unintentionally kept me away from HostingDiscussion. I’ve always been on the side of giving my 100% to what I do, and if I cannot do that, leave it to the day when I can. A more than eventful past few months, both professionally and personally, consumed all of my attention away from the community and friends I cherish so much.

Work-wise, two companies I work on have been rapidly growing: Must is crossing 300,000 users, while a recently relaunched Teletype now serves 2 million monthly active visitors.

Life-wise, my wife and I moved cities and welcomed our first baby into the family. Having a newborn in the midst of a global pandemic, without a clear timeline in sight, proves to be more stressful than it has to be and requires an extreme level of safety precautions. And that takes even more time and planning.

Things you are going to notice.

⏤ Posts that broke community rules are gone. I’ve screened through all the content and addressed all member-reported posts. Eternal thanks to those who cared enough and took the time to bring these violations to my attention!

⏤ You will see an influx of new members. There are around 150 new registrations pending verification. Even though only a portion of them will be accepted, there may still be a good chunk of new posters over the next few days. There is a small but real chance few bad apples will get through. If you notice any suspicious posts, or those breaking the rules, please report.

⏤ I will be adding a moderator to the team, specifically for those moments when I cannot be around immediately. An announcement will be made once this is settled.

⏤ I will do my best to push the migration of the software forward.

In closing, I would like to offer a special apology directed to members and clients who tried to reach out through DMs and emails, with questions and/or advertising requests. While I still have to process all of them, I will do my best to resolve any matter to your satisfaction.

Other than that, what’s up? Feels damn good to be back.

Welcome back! Life sure can be hectic some times!

So, what city did you end up moving to? Is the move semi-permanent or a stepping stone?

As far as moderators, there's a good core team here at HD and I'm sure any of us/them can help fill in when necessary.

Good to see you back at the keyboard here at HD!

Thank you, Conor. It's great to see you around here as well. I've stumbled upon a few of your posts while going over all the material I missed, and it's incredible insight as usual.

We moved back to Montreal from Los Angeles, primarily to deliver the baby here and get through the first couple of years (closer to both of our families). There is a good chance we'll head back to LA, but with the current situation in the world no one knows what will happen two years from now.

You are correct about the team here at HD. Plenty of amazing people I'd trust this community with with my eyes closed.

Hey guys,

I owe you all an apology. The last four months unintentionally kept me away from HostingDiscussion. I’ve always been on the side of giving my 100% to what I do, and if I cannot do that, leave it to the day when I can. A more than eventful past few months, both professionally and personally, consumed all of my attention away from the community and friends I cherish so much.

Work-wise, two companies I work on have been rapidly growing: Must is crossing 300,000 users, while a recently relaunched Teletype now serves 2 million monthly active visitors.

Life-wise, my wife and I moved cities and welcomed our first baby into the family. Having a newborn in the midst of a global pandemic, without a clear timeline in sight, proves to be more stressful than it has to be and requires an extreme level of safety precautions. And that takes even more time and planning.

Things you are going to notice.

⏤ Posts that broke community rules are gone. I’ve screened through all the content and addressed all member-reported posts. Eternal thanks to those who cared enough and took the time to bring these violations to my attention!

⏤ You will see an influx of new members. There are around 150 new registrations pending verification. Even though only a portion of them will be accepted, there may still be a good chunk of new posters over the next few days. There is a small but real chance few bad apples will get through. If you notice any suspicious posts, or those breaking the rules, please report.

⏤ I will be adding a moderator to the team, specifically for those moments when I cannot be around immediately. An announcement will be made once this is settled.

⏤ I will do my best to push the migration of the software forward.

In closing, I would like to offer a special apology directed to members and clients who tried to reach out through DMs and emails, with questions and/or advertising requests. While I still have to process all of them, I will do my best to resolve any matter to your satisfaction.

Other than that, what’s up? Feels damn good to be back.

Glad to hear you are back and doing well despite the current circumstance. We'll be in touch shortly.

Took a few days to clear, but this was finally processed. I estimate no more than 20% made it through, so if your account was validated, you are among the few lucky ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys