The move to Plesk

webling

I've had my head stuck inside a Linux server most of the day making sure my techs go everything transfered correctly. They're great people but still human. :) I had to laugh when I went to the subdomain where my WHMCS is supposed to be but the page came up white. So asked them why this turned out this way (already knowing why because they put the contents of my main website in there instead of the ones for that sub domain).

They asked what version of PHP I ran before and I advised them that the problem was not with the PHP version since they hadn't even transferred the correct files for that subdomain but instead had transferred the files from the main web site. :) Then I sat back and let them do their job since that's what they are getting paid to do. After awhile they told me they set the PHP version and installed SSL. I went back to look in the directory and saw the correct files are in there now, but they didn't want to admit that. :)

So I just went through and set up the hosting plans and made the necessary changes I needed to at my level and everything is up and running well. So the transition from cPanel to Plesk went quite well actually and it brought my server costs down also.

I set up another server I plan on adding CWP to and seeing how that will work. Once I get that into production I'll know more about it hopefully.

I liked CWP a lot. It seemed very intuitive, but a little on the bloated side. It seemed sluggish.

I am glad we have some fairly excellent alternatives to cPanel given their current prices. DirectAdmin (with the right plugins and themes), Plesk and CWP are all full-steam ahead. Am I missing anything?

I liked CWP a lot. It seemed very intuitive, but a little on the bloated side. It seemed sluggish.

I am glad we have some fairly excellent alternatives to cPanel given their current prices. DirectAdmin (with the right plugins and themes), Plesk and CWP are all full-steam ahead. Am I missing anything?

As I am hearing from others DirectAdmin seems to be a bit better than CWP. And knowing that DirectAdmin has been around much longer and is compatible with cPanel for transfers, etc. I am likely to install DirectAdmin on my new server that I am using for testing and if it pans out I will put more of them into production.

As I am hearing from others DirectAdmin seems to be a bit better than CWP. And knowing that DirectAdmin has been around much longer and is compatible with cPanel for transfers, etc. I am likely to install DirectAdmin on my new server that I am using for testing and if it pans out I will put more of them into production.

installed DA on my server and i have backups of all my CP accounts, just having issues following then instructions to convert them to DA. This i think is mainly down to the strong meds drs have given me as they state "dont drive, dont operate machinery and dont drink alcohol as these make you dowsy"

installed DA on my server and i have backups of all my CP accounts, just having issues following then instructions to convert them to DA. This i think is mainly down to the strong meds drs have given me as they state "dont drive, dont operate machinery and dont drink alcohol as these make you dowsy"

Even though I switched to Plesk, I am having major issues with it. I have a test server I many install DirectAdmin on and move one or two of my own domains to it for a test run. It's supposed to be compatible with cPanel in many ways. I've looked at the online demo in the past, not as pretty as cPanel or Plesk, but if it works right it's worth using it since it's free, open source software.

Even though I switched to Plesk, I am having major issues with it. I have a test server I many install DirectAdmin on and move one or two of my own domains to it for a test run. It's supposed to be compatible with cPanel in many ways. I've looked at the online demo in the past, not as pretty as cPanel or Plesk, but if it works right it's worth using it since it's free, open source software.

DirectAdmin is far from free or open source

https://www.directadmin.com/pricing.php

Wow thanks for that! That is more expensive than Plesk! I had no idea. The price if good for one domain ($0) LOL

Its not free for 1 domain, it is only a 60 day trial

i wonder how many people moaned in 2017 when Plesk did their 41% price increase

The main problem with cPanel. They want to become the apple of the industry. I don't know what's going on. But I am sure thousands of their customers are gone.
I am also moving from next month.

It's worth the money!
And looking at the activity going on since the cPanel announcement, you'll soon have all your plugins and integrations.

Since moving to Plesk and adding a server on which I installed CWP I am seeing things the same way. I think I will continue using these two Control Panels as long I can as long as nothing drastic happens.