The mile long ticket run

shockym

I am sure this happens to others as well but a great pet peeve of mine is when a client wants to cross off numerous things and continues to open the same (old) ticket. It could be a ticket from over a year ago and I have this one client who just can not get past opening a new ticket up. :shocked:

When they reply to the old ticket / reopen it just let them know they can not do this anymore. You can open a new ticket for them from there or have them open it.

I have seen where some hosts do not allow you to open closed tickets. I am not sure if mine is that way as I always open a new one.

We've had this happen at various times. When that happens, we inform the client to open a new ticket, or we extract the data and create the new ticket for them - then close the old one.

We also request that our clients open a new ticket for each incident. I'd say that 99% of our clients love this process. We do get the odd stray one every now and then, but once informed of our process and why, they're more than happy to comply to it.

Opening a new ticket is the way to go.... and we are clear to state by opening a new ticket we can better keep track of issues. Which in the long run may help us in the future for any repeat issues that may occure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode