Testimonials?

BlackStorm

Do you ever ask your customers to write a testimonial for you?
If you do, what do you ask them to do and when do you ask them?
Do you ask them after a month, a few months or if they are going to leave?

I asked a client for a testimonial, he said what do you want me to write and I just told him, write your opinion on the hosting and service and quality, true opinion please.. and he did :)

When did you ask him Gordy?
Do you have it on your site and do you link to his site for proof of the testimonial or just give the name?

This was a while ago, he was a client for 2 or 3 months, I put it on the site, with his name and then his domain under like it was exactly like this example:

"Excellent hosting, excellent service!
Gordy
Domain.com

I dont post testimonials on my website because personally it doesnt make sense to me. I mean the owner of the website could have easily made them up and posted them on the website and sometimes this is the case. It would be interesting if there was a testimonial box on the website where the testimonial would be automatically posted on the website as soon as the client hit the submit button so TRUE testimonials could be displayed. Everyone wants only the GOOD testimonials to be shown but what about the BAD ones...I mean it could be used as a lesson...this is my 0.02¢

The owner wouldnt make them up because you would include the website of the account owner below the testimonial.
That way anyone viewing the site can check if the website exists and if they want, can even contact the site owner to ensure they did create the testimonial or ask what they think of the hosting.

Well I dont know if IW ould go 100% with you John because I have seen some websites that have testimonials and dont have the website URL to check or any other legit proof :D

You never see a bad testimonial on a webhost's website.. although I think if there were one, clients may think you are an honest host.

True to say that if clients see a bad testimonial on a web hosting site some may think that the hosting company is honest whereas others might not want to get involved in their services :D. I have never seen a web hosting company with a bad testimonial up to me...I guess they are all good but I wonder why their clients complain then :eek: