Taking HostingDiscussion to the next level

Love the new look - lots of work has gone into this! Lots more to do, but congrats to those making the edits!

@bigredseo Time to update the profile pic, it's all grainy for me. That beautiful face deserves to be seen well! :LOL:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.59.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.59.11 PM.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 1
I joined a while ago but haven't been active at all here until the last couple of days, so I don't have a previous version to compare to, but I have to say this is a pretty forum, and it seems to be pretty fast too.

I joined a while ago but haven't been active at all here until the last couple of days, so I don't have a previous version to compare to, but I have to say this is a pretty forum, and it seems to be pretty fast too.
You joined at the right time, believe me. 😄

Not that the previous look was terrible, it was actually an amazing work by a very talented designer, a custom vBulletin skin that cost a pretty penny. But it was just really outdated for 2020, along with the software it ran on. It was just seriously overdue for the platform to be brought up to modern standards.

The previous look was ok, but yeah, it was time for an update ;)
Soon, that other place that shall not be mentioned will be forced to do the same , imagine the revolt then :)

Soon, that other place that shall not be mentioned will be forced to do the same , imagine the revolt then :)
Do you really expect people there to mind the transition? Lots of folks have been asking for it for a very long time. :)

Not sure if this is intentional, or I'm missing something, or what, but this is supposed to be a 'poll' thread. I put in the options, but not seeing the poll choices in the thread?

Something missing in the template, maybe? Permissions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-14-21 at 03.25 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-14-21 at 03.25 PM.PNG
    271.8 KB · Views: 3
Not sure if this is intentional, or I'm missing something, or what, but this is supposed to be a 'poll' thread. I put in the options, but not seeing the poll choices in the thread?

Something missing in the template, maybe? Permissions?
Just performed a test myself and polling did not appear as set up, so time to review settings.

Tom, sorry for the delay in responding. This is not intentional and you are not missing anything. This has been one of the issues to address, and I hope my hands will get to it very soon.

Thank you for paying attention @whmcsguru 👍

The "comma" issue in the Members recently online widget has been fixed.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.57.34 AM.png

Before, when spam accounts were deleted, it removed the username from the list, but not the comma in the widget that lists members who were recently online. It was really annoying as it was breaking the nice appearance. I am glad it is now done with.

It was really annoying as it was breaking the nice appearance. I am glad it is now done with.
These are the kind of little bugs that will drive you absolutely nuts and always seem to take an inordinate amount of time and effort to fix! :-D

The forum rules were updated and broken down into sections.

Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines that will govern HostingDiscussion going further.

Thank you.